`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favorite Tricks of the Trade.....(not shady stuff!)

Your favorite Tricks of the Trade.....(not shady stuff!)
Okay, so somebody started a thread here earlier that gave great insight to others regarding best offer prices and how to reveal them (the print link) in ebay auctions.

What other tricks to do you guys have up your sleeve for helping other collectors?

I know some people have strategies and tricks for selling, buying, trading, etc... what are they? What are some of your favorites?

I don't want to know about the shady stuff....keep it on the up and up.
www.cardboardglory.com - Sortable checklists and other interesting hobby info

RE: Your favorite Tricks of the Trade.....(not shady stuff!)
(10-09-2014, 12:36 PM)chester2002 Wrote: Okay, so somebody started a thread here earlier that gave great insight to others regarding best offer prices and how to reveal them (the print link) in ebay auctions.

What other tricks to do you guys have up your sleeve for helping other collectors?

I know some people have strategies and tricks for selling, buying, trading, etc... what are they? What are some of your favorites?

I don't want to know about the shady stuff....keep it on the up and up.
The "print" link and "see original listing" link no longer works for me, though.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Here's my trading strategy.......

I have a $60 BV card of a player/card I don't want or don't need. You have 10 cards you don't want with a sum BV of $60 that I do want/need. We trade...I win! (10 to 1) LOL..........I really have no other strategy except just trying to get the most cards (that I want) for the lowest amount of dollars out of my pocket. I really don't have the time or energy to fanagil about each and every card.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I always traded for things that Beckett vauled incorrectly, SP's, inserts etc for things that Beckett overvauled (pretty much everything)
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Here's a trick of the trade. Vigorously rub a swatch of panty hose over a gum stained vintage card to remove the residue. Turns what appears to be Good cards into Near Mint.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(10-10-2014, 01:33 PM)zeprock Wrote: Here's a trick of the trade. Vigorously rub a swatch of panty hose over a gum stained vintage card to remove the residue. Turns what appears to be Good cards into Near Mint.
IMHO, this is borderline shady. It's card restoration.

Removing, not restoring. You are removing a stain, not restoring color.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

(10-10-2014, 02:18 PM)randall44 Wrote: Removing, not restoring. You are removing a stain, not restoring color.
+1

(10-10-2014, 02:18 PM)randall44 Wrote: Removing, not restoring. You are removing a stain, not restoring color.
I never said restoring color, did I!! NO!!

I stand by my statements as being shady!!
And before you ask me, what took me so long to respond, I was on my 3rd of 4 daily breathing treatments.

I had an inoperable brain stem tumor removed 14 years ago.

(10-10-2014, 03:09 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I never said restoring color, did I!! NO!!

I stand by my statements as being shady!!
And before you ask me, what took me so long to respond, I was on my 3rd of 4 daily breathing treatments.

I had an inoperable brain stem tumor removed 14 years ago.
I see cleaning off the wax residue no different than wiping off a greasy finger print or mark on a Chrome card. Nothing shady with it. I've also put cards that get slightly warped/bowed because of cold/moisture into a tight screw down/top loader so they straighten out. Oh no, call the police. Smile And your condition has nothing to do with this discussion, why you even brought it up who knows.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.