`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I've picked up since I've been deployed

What I've picked up since I've been deployed
So I just wanted to show off some of the stuff I've bought off eBay and Blow Out since I left on my deployment. The best thing is, I haven't even started to receive my tax free paychecks and other hazard duty pay. Hope you guys enjoy and hopefully the next 5 months will be just as nice!!!!

[Image: biggio_zps371d7c3c.jpg]

[Image: 89e0a854-93fb-4c43-b9b0-7357fa0ff323_zps1de90530.jpg]

BTW, I got these Biggio autos for $40 a piece. Not $120 like that sticker has on it.

[Image: biggio4_zpse41a2288.jpg]

[Image: biggio3_zps5e40bcc6.jpg]

[Image: peraza2_zps358d6373.jpg]

[Image: djpete_zpsd5d01980.jpg]

[Image: bryant3_zpsd6bb3aa1.jpg]

Got this Stanton for about $20 cheaper than what it had been selling for!!!

[Image: stanton_zpsd77d07e6.jpg]

And I just picked off this Bryant for $240 due to surface damage which isn't bad in my opinion. It usually sells for around $280-300 too.

[Image: Bryant_zpsba05725f.jpg]

[Image: bryant2_zpsfd6a4039.jpg]
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

RE: What I've picked up since I've been deployed
Nice pickups I hope I have added to it.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(10-08-2014, 05:25 PM)waynetalger Wrote: Nice pickups I hope I have added to it.
Thanks, and I haven't gotten your card yet but I'm sure when I do it will definitely make the list.

Want List

Wow! Some nice pickups indeed! They're all great, but Love that Stanton auto the most!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks Doc. What was funny about that purchase was that the card was located in my hometown in South Carolina. I'm guessing it won't take long for the card to be received as well!

Just wanted to get opinions for whoever looks at this post, do you think I did good with the Bryant purchase considering the damage? I understand how it looks in the picture could be a little different than when the card is in hand but all things considered, I think the card is still an 8.

Want List

Bro I think you have done awesome up to this point.. However the BC Bryant a 9 grade is a stretch. It's a beautiful card non the less but a 9. I don't know a solid 8 or 8.5 at best, but I don't know sh@t about grading.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

Darn, I fat fingered that. I actually meant to put 8.

Want List

Bro you need to get back bro I know you only been gone for a few weeks, but man it's not the same without you around already.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

(10-09-2014, 08:45 AM)Odyssey Wrote: Thanks Doc. What was funny about that purchase was that the card was located in my hometown in South Carolina. I'm guessing it won't take long for the card to be received as well!

Just wanted to get opinions for whoever looks at this post, do you think I did good with the Bryant purchase considering the damage? I understand how it looks in the picture could be a little different than when the card is in hand but all things considered, I think the card is still an 8.
Please let us know when you have them in hand. I think you did well, regardless. ... The person grading might have a different opinion, but nothing you can do about it. Maybe, don't grade it?
But a solid 8? Yeah, I'd think so, unless there's some flaw elsewhere.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.