`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardinal summer..

Cardinal summer..
I work with a general contractor that sometimes requires travel. A project came up in the St. Louis area (I live in Las Vegas) and my boss knew to use the fact that I am a Cardinals fan as a selling point for me to run the job. I have been here since July 1 and the project is scheduled to be completed the end of this month. During this time I have been fortunate enough to catch 15 games; two of which were the NLDS games. My children live in NW Ark so they have driven up on several occasions to attend the game and bond with dear old dad (plus have dad pick up the tab). While at various games I was bold enough (or had enough cold tasty adult beverage in me) to purchase two Trout and one Yadi auto balls. I have also been hitting the local Target and Wal-Mart stores and have had some decent retail hits; Buxton #/d auto, lots of different color refractors of Tanaka, Abreu, Bryant, etc. So to bring this ramble to a close, my point is that I am a 56 year old man and I have been able to catch so many games of my favorite team (who hopefully are on their way to the WS), spend precious time with my adult children, add some items to my PC and score some reasonable hits in retail and have somehow been given a perfect summer....a Cardinal summer.
It does no good to get on the right track if you are headed in the wrong direction.
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af111/baseballmason1958/st_louis_ca
rdinals_towel-1.jpg[/img]

RE: Cardinal summer..
Very nice, way to go!!
Mostly football and a set builder

Awesome...thanks for sharing your "Cardinal Summer" story with us. Good luck in the NLCS and maybe you'll get to catch a WS game.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

great story man!! i too am from St. Louis. live here in kansas now. always hearing about the Royals this and Royals that. good for the Royals making the ALCS. i listened to the game on sirius on my phone at my daughters soccer practice. i happen to get on at the bottom of the 7th when the rally began. when Matt Adams jacked that 3 run hr, i went nuts. people were looking at me like what is going on. my point was that listening to Mike Shannon call that shot, brings back memories for me when i listened to Cards games with my dad in st. louis at home. and now, hoping to pass that tradition as Cards fans to my girls.