`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about graded cards with jersey patch

Question about graded cards with jersey patch
I was looking on eBay at Ken Griffey jr. Rookie cards. I see a Fleer with a jersey patch in the top right corner. How do they get a jersey patch in the slab? is that sent in with the card? thanks.

RE: Question about graded cards with jersey patch
I think I've seen cards like that before, in a few sports. If it's what I'm thinking, there was a company several years ago that was selling those cards in blaster boxes at KMart. You had a card of the player, with a swatch embedded in the top corner of the slab.

I know I've seen others..usually of lesser players. The story I had heard on them was one of the card companies had a big sale out of their vaults of cut-up jerseys they were no longer going to make jerseys cards from, and a company bought them and did this... A Griffey is kind of surprising to me....

OK, So after posting, I checked the auctions you were talking about. If you look up the company website listed on the back of the slabs, it will tell you all about it. This company claims to have a huge assortment of game used items from all different players and sports, and will encapsulate a card you send them with a swatch for a price.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(10-07-2014, 09:38 PM)stwainfan Wrote: I was looking on eBay at Ken Griffey jr. Rookie cards. I see a Fleer with a jersey patch in the top right corner. How do they get a jersey patch in the slab? is that sent in with the card? thanks.
Are you talking about Beckett Graded cards?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(10-08-2014, 08:00 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Are you talking about Beckett Graded cards?
Yes BGS graded cards.

(10-08-2014, 09:39 AM)stwainfan Wrote: Yes BGS graded cards.
There was a service for Beckett's BCCG Graded cards called BCCG GUM (Game-Used Memorabilia). I don't know IF they still Offer it. And I don't know IF it's specific just to their BCCG service Or IF it also is/was available for their BGS/BVG services as well.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!