`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Determining Trade Value For Cards N/A?

Determining Trade Value For Cards N/A?
Just out of curiosity, how does everyone determine trade value on their cards where Beckett does not provide a value due to scarcity?
[Image: image.jpg]

RE: Determining Trade Value For Cards N/A?
eBay for everything.

(10-03-2014, 09:39 PM)Mike7149 Wrote: eBay for everything.
That's what I've been doing, averaging the "Sold" price of the ones that have sold and setting trade value at 2X that average price. Does that seem fair?

Why would trade value be higher than a sale value? If a card sells for $25 I'd trade it for a card that sells for $25.

(10-03-2014, 09:44 PM)Mike7149 Wrote: Why would trade value be higher than a sale value? If a card sells for $25 I'd trade it for a card that sells for $25.
I had a buddy that collects that told me that he considers trade value 2X actual sell value. I'm new to all this is why I'm asking. So if you have an N/A card that's average sell price is $25 you would trade it for $25 Beckett trade value? I'm just trying not to get hosed in a trade because I'm a rookie...

(10-03-2014, 09:52 PM)Dub24rollin Wrote: I had a buddy that collects that told me that he considers trade value 2X actual sell value. I'm new to all this is why I'm asking. So if you have an N/A card that's average sell price is $25 you would trade it for $25 Beckett trade value? I'm just trying not to get hosed in a trade because I'm a rookie...
If your card sells for $25 and their card sells for $25 that is fair. "Trade Value" is some made up fantasy term used by people who use Beckett book value when trading. Often I see Beckett book value used when a card has a very high book value in relation to how it actually sells. Sell value over book or trade value all day everyday for me.

Sell value and trade value are the same to me, other wise I set a value I want for it.
Mostly football and a set builder

(10-03-2014, 10:03 PM)bbniner80 Wrote: Sell value and trade value are the same to me, other wise I set a value I want for it.
Makes sense. I don't want people to think I'm just trying to rip them off either. Thanks for your input!

Why can't beckett price these items, seems the masses are able.

I don't think sell value and trade value are anywhere near the same.

If I have a card #d to 20 with a NA book value I go to ebay and see it sells for $20.00. I'm not going to trade it for $20.00 book vale ever. It's kind of up to you then what you want to set the BV or you can see the sell value of the card you are trading for.

If my card sells for $20.00 and the other trader wanted to set a BV to trade for I would double it and say $40.00 BV in return.

And I agree beckett should be able to price cards even as low as 10 PR
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman