`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Topps Chrome Refractor Question

2014 Topps Chrome Refractor Question
I bought my first hobby box of Topps Chrome ever yesterday. Every base card in the box looks like a refractor. This makes me unsure on the difference between the refractor parallel and the base chrome. Did I just happen to get a box of refractors or am I just confused on the difference??
[Image: image.jpg]

RE: 2014 Topps Chrome Refractor Question
The base cards have a silvery look to them but do not refract light (no rainbow effect when you move the card around). I think with the hobby packs you get four cards, and usually one is either a refractor of some sort or another insert.

eBay/Zistle/TheBench: moose_plaw
blowoutcards: mooseplaw

Currently working on rainbow mosaics for Joe Mauer and Billy Butler (2014 Topps Chrome). Really, really WTB/WTTF 2014 TC Billy Butler Red Refractor!

Ok, so I was thinking right. Every one of these cards has the rainbow effect! The Gregory Polanco Auto and Chris Owings Auto have the basic silvery look but that's the only ones. I guess its possible to get an entire box of refractors....
[Image: DSC02164.jpg]

They all look like this.

Judging by the amount of cards pictured I would think you bought a $20 blaster box, which can have refractor hot boxes where all the base cards are refractor versions. But you say you got a hobby box and you also got 2 autos. I didn't know a hobby box could be all refractors. That's pretty cool.
If you see anything you want in any of my break posts and you have any Frank Thomas cards you are willing to trade please let me know.

(10-02-2014, 11:07 AM)tenaciouzd Wrote: Judging by the amount of cards pictured I would think you bought a $20 blaster box, which can have refractor hot boxes where all the base cards are refractor versions. But you say you got a hobby box and you also got 2 autos. I didn't know a hobby box could be all refractors. That's pretty cool.
It was a 96 card hobby box ($56.99) and I just confirmed after consulting a buddy of mine that they ARE all refractors. They have REFRACTOR on the bottom left corner above the Topps logo on the back of the card. He couldn't believe it and I'm the new guy who didn't even realize what I had lol.

Congrats!!! You hit a hot box!!! 1 in every 3 cases btw!

(10-02-2014, 02:29 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Congrats!!! You hit a hot box!!! 1 in every 3 cases btw!
Wow! I had no idea! These are the things that make this hobby so rewarding! I can't believe I was missing out for the 1st 26 years of my life! Haha.