`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
HELP, SAVE ME!! Which 1 card would you save if you could only save one.

HELP, SAVE ME!! Which 1 card would you save if you could only save one.
If you could only save ONE card from your collection, which would it be and why?

I would save this 1990 Commcard International Lompoc High Phone Card. The reason why is because it is the only card Napoleon has outside of college. I've been collecting for a very long time and this is the only one I've ever seen. I have thousands of cards in college and pro uniforms, but none from high school.

[Image: 1990front_zpsd04d9751.jpg]

[Image: lompocback_zps7049cec9.jpg]
[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.

RE: HELP, SAVE ME!! Which 1 card would you save if you could only save one.
This is probably the one I would save...it was my very first "hit" I pulled from a box after getting into the hobby:
[Image: 41z9f92e.jpg]

I love that card! I could only imagine pulling something that nice. I have the worst luck opening packs and boxes.

Haha, I usually do too...that box the first two mini boxes had junk stuff...I was getting a little depressed that I didn't get any packers or anything...3rd box, bam! Russell Wilson auto! My jaw hit the floor lol. Next box I was just opening because it was still there...and bam again! An Andrew Luck patch! I was doing a jig after that box and I've been hooked since...without the success lol.

(09-27-2014, 08:05 PM)savagenate Wrote: Haha, I usually do too...that box the first two mini boxes had junk stuff...I was getting a little depressed that I didn't get any packers or anything...3rd box, bam! Russell Wilson auto! My jaw hit the floor lol. Next box I was just opening because it was still there...and bam again! An Andrew Luck patch! I was doing a jig after that box and I've been hooked since...without the success lol.
The only time I got close to doing a jig was when I bought 1 pack of 1999 pacific football and I opened it and got a copper Napoleon Kaufman #ed/99. Now, I know that doesn't sound like a big deal in a long shot, but that was before Ebay (or at least before I had it) and not only was it a semi rare card, it just happened to be the player I collect. I'm still waiting on pulling that mega star 1/1 or auto. Hopefully one day I'll get lucky.

on a non related side note:
Ebay is great helping you find all the cards you need, but I miss the days of traveling around to card shows looking for cards manually. I remember spending countless hours searching for a card here or there, slowly gathering up cards and increasing my collection percentage. Then Ebay came along and I found 80%+ of every card I needed. After that, card shows were an after thought. I do miss having dealers hold all those kaufmans they pulled and the anticipation of going through what they found each month.

Now I do a jig when I find just one card I need. lol!

Can't find the scan right now (though I know I have it somewhere), but I'd rescue my 1999 Edgerrin Leaf Certified Gold Future Mirror Black #'d 13/25. It's not the most rare card I own, nor THE coolest (though it is flippin' sweet), but how I came to own it was the perfect storm...which usually works against me, but worked in my favor this time.

- It's #13 which is my favorite number
- It's a '99 Edgerrin (need for the collection)
- It went WAY cheaper than I thought... think I put in a $30 bid as soon as I saw it, then setup a snipe for $75 (ONLY because it was #13/xx). Both the initial bid and my snipe price were more than I wanted to pay, but what I was prepared to pay. I was in college (so basically broke), had just decided to focus on 1999 Edgerrin, and it was the first rare card (/25) I could even hope to have a shot at...his stuff was still selling around 50% BV+ and book was higher back then. Ended up getting it for ~$20 shipped.

(09-27-2014, 11:06 PM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: ...then setup a snipe for $75 (ONLY because it was #13/xx)...
Ah, the justification of sniping. It happens to us all. Now, don't ever complain when it happens to you.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Pulling a PC card is about as good as it gets! It'll be a long time, if ever, that I get to the point I need only a couple cards to complete my guys lol.
Nice deal on the James coltsfan!

(09-28-2014, 07:51 AM)jonathani Wrote: Ah, the justification of sniping. It happens to us all. Now, don't ever complain when it happens to you.
Ok...? If someone's willing to pay more than I am, they're welcome to the card. I get sniped all the time, I don't ***** about it, I just wait for the next one.

This is the one for me.. I'm a rb collector and this card has 3 of my top 5 on field favorites of all time. Replace Sayers with Fred Taylor and I'd probably quit collecting all together after this card lol.

[Image: Ensemble%20Quad%20White%20Whale.jpg]