`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NASCAR Trivia Thread

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread
(09-21-2014, 08:15 PM)Mikarlo Wrote: The Ickey Ickey Shuffle!!
It was the Ickey Shuffle...ding, ding, ding...I think he also shouted somethong like "Am I Dreaming?!?! We won the Daytona 500!!!!" or somthing like that.
(09-21-2014, 08:46 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: That's what I thought too. Let's see if it is right.
I'm still impessed by your knowledge on my question, Tom. That was real detective work. Smile I knew I had a good question but you got so close just from knowing the history. I originally looked it up b/c I was curious. Then I knew it would be a good trivia question.
Thanks...it helps to collect a lot of Legends and actually read the cards. But it was a great question, and something that we should know about, for sure...

And the first few are easy...I just started there, and I just know Petty, Pearson, Yarborough, and Earnhardt had back to back ones. Of course the 48 is easy, and Gordon I also just know. That's six without much work. I totally guessed on Lee Petty, but I know when he raced...he was the only driver I knew from the '50s, really.

The DW one I pulled out of my rear, too...I went through in my head who I knew won a lot of races in the early 80's (believe me, I had to think about for awhile...I used my collection to help me think...I actually had Rusty Wallace in there, toom, but that was way off), and then who I thought won championships...the when, well, that wasn't so easy, and I thought DW had four (it's only three, '81, '82, '85), so I took a guess that he went back to back...I was not sure at all on that.

I won't forget it now, though...well, I might forget, because I honestly never heard of Buck Baker or Joe Weatherly...

Interesting thought, too, about Bobby Allison. He and Cale Yarborough got into a fist fight (I know, because again of Legends, I pulled a sweet Bobby Allison Patch Card (Miller Lite) and decided to look him up to learn a bit more, and I rememeber the story) after the 1979 Daytona 500...cool stuff...LOL
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

Next question:

Junior Johnson won six NASCAR Championships as a car owner with two different drivers. Who were the two drivers and in what years did they win their NASCAR Championships?
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

Ha, I just read this when I was looking up the repeat Champions from Adam's question.

Hint, it was a three-peat, a repeat, and then one more...
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

Are we the only 3 playing anymore? Smile I know the answer (thanks to Tom's hint). I'll hold off and see if Jerry or anyone else wants to answer.

lol, until Tom's post, I didn't even connect the two questions...but yep! Good hint Tom!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

I'm going to go ahead and answer this one b/c I have another real good trivia question for you guys.

The answer is Cale Yarborough (1976-78) and Darrell Waltrip (1981-82, 1985). I know this is correct.

(09-22-2014, 11:00 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: I know this is correct.

And you know right, Adam. Smile Go ahead!

Here is my new question:

Who was the owner of the 2004 Nextel Championship car?

This seems too obvious...is this a trick question?

(09-23-2014, 01:21 AM)Mikarlo Wrote: This seems too obvious...is this a trick question?
Wink