`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NASCAR Trivia Thread

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread
(09-21-2014, 01:31 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: Okay Jason. I guess I'll smooth it out and answer Tom's question. Smile
Mark's last win was the same place they are racing right now. New Hampshire in 2009.
Lol...sorry, I messed it up from the start...I was just excited to know one without looking it up, and have a cool tie-in question to this week's race...because that is right, Mark Martin won his last race in 2009, Sept. 20, to be exact, at New Hampshire...

Alright, Adam...ask us something good.
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

How many DIFFERENT drivers have won back-to-back Cup championships?

(09-21-2014, 01:40 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: How many DIFFERENT drivers have won back-to-back Cup championships?
This really is a good one, Adam! If nobody gets it soon, I'm going to do a little research during the Cardinals game tonight.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

(09-21-2014, 04:04 PM)Mikarlo Wrote: This really is a good one, Adam! If nobody gets it soon, I'm going to do a little research during the Cardinals game tonight.
I'm pretty sure no one KNOWS the answer. I was expecting the person who answers it to have researched it. Big Grin
I wish I could watch the Cards game completely, but the Panthers NFL game is on at the same time. Football is much more exciting than baseball. Wink

(09-21-2014, 01:40 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: How many DIFFERENT drivers have won back-to-back Cup championships?
Richard Petty, Pearson, Yarborough, Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Sr.

That's six for sure.

Now, I like to break PP Legends, and I believed I read some card backs about Lee Petty having three championships...back to back? Sure, why not...

So I'm up to Seven.

The early 80's there were a few guys winning races and had championships with Dale Sr., like Bobby Allison, Darrell Waltrip, Terry LaBonte...I know that DW had more than one championship, and while I'm not positive, I'm going to take a flyer that he went back to back, too.

So, eight.

I'm sure the early years saw one or two...maybe? The 50's and early 60's are all drivers I don't know...Richard Petty won his first one in the mid 60's, and Pearson won in the late 60's, and Petty dominated the 70's.

So, an educated guess, based on what I think I know, is eight for pretty sure, but a total of nine, ten or eleven...Lol

I just went and looked it up...I did pretty good.

So add Weatherly and Baker.

Ten.
Looking for:
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

www.dunnere.weebly.com

Correct (finally)! Wink

10 drivers and here is the list for those that are wondering.

Buck Baker 1956-57
Lee Petty 1958-59
Joe Weatherly 1962-63
David Pearson 1968-69
Richard Petty 1971-72 & 1974-75
Cale Yarborough 1976, 77, 78
Darrell Waltrip 1981-82
Dale Earnhardt 1986-87 & 1990-91 & 1993-94
Jeff Gordon 1997-98
Jimmie Johnson 2006-10

Your turn to post a question, Tom.

What impromptu dance did Darrell Waltrip do in Victory Lane when he won the Daytona 500 in 1989?
Looking for:
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

www.dunnere.weebly.com

I think I know this one, BUT I will wait and give someone else a chance.

(09-21-2014, 07:09 PM)dunnere Wrote: What impromptu dance did Darrell Waltrip do in Victory Lane when he won the Daytona 500 in 1989?
The Ickey Ickey Shuffle!!
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

(09-21-2014, 08:15 PM)Mikarlo Wrote: The Ickey Shuffle!!
That's what I thought too. Let's see if it is right.
I'm still impessed by your knowledge on my question, Tom. That was real detective work. Smile I knew I had a good question but you got so close just from knowing the history. I originally looked it up b/c I was curious. Then I knew it would be a good trivia question.