`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Target Rrookies and stars Longevity box 50.00 retail

RE: Target Rrookies and stars Longevity box 50.00 retail
(09-17-2014, 02:28 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I'm a huge fan of Longevity ... basically a hobby-quality product that is available in retail. I busted a very nice box not too long ago, hit mem cards of Manziel, Bridgewater and Watkins in the same box. The way I look at it, it's only $10 more than a couple of blasters, and how often are you going to get four hits out of two blasters? And yeah, those jersey autos are sweet, most boxes are just three plain mem cards with one sticker auto. Your son did really well ... West is on pace for 1,000 yards, I believe.
if you consider unnumbered rookie premiere material cards to be "hits" there are 4 "hits" per box - I really do not consider those to be "hits"

but having picked up a box, Panini did a good job this year with making the base cards look nice and even the basically worthless unnumbered jersey cards look nice for what they are. Looks like they again always have one auto per box which isn't bad with nice looking base and parallels. Indeed, I think that this year's cards look much better than last year - the auto was pretty good too - Paul Richardson /25 - second round wide receiver to Seattle. And the numbered parallel was /25 of Josh Huff - while teh wrong Eagles rookie receiver (Jordan Matthews is going to be a major star) its still a nice Eagles card for my Eagles collection. Was happy overall. Also like the fact that this year they have two rooke cards per pack as opposed to one in years past.

(09-22-2014, 10:11 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: if you consider unnumbered rookie premiere material cards to be "hits" there are 4 "hits" per box - I really do not consider those to be "hits"

but having picked up a box, Panini did a good job this year with making the base cards look nice and even the basically worthless unnumbered jersey cards look nice for what they are. Looks like they again always have one auto per box which isn't bad with nice looking base and parallels. Indeed, I think that this year's cards look much better than last year - the auto was pretty good too - Paul Richardson /25 - second round wide receiver to Seattle. And the numbered parallel was /25 of Josh Huff - while teh wrong Eagles rookie receiver (Jordan Matthews is going to be a major star) its still a nice Eagles card for my Eagles collection. Was happy overall. Also like the fact that this year they have two rooke cards per pack as opposed to one in years past.
Yeah, but that's my point ... there are plenty of fairly worthless "hits" in hobby as well, i.e., plain swatches from photo shoots, but the majority of the time in retail you don't even get those. My point was more that at least you are guaranteed something hobby-ish. Funny you mention Huff, I pulled his auto out of a Longevity box, thought it was Matthews at first! I agree with you on him ... I like how fired up/emotional he was on draft day, I was like, this guy is going to put the work in to be a good player. Foles, McCoy, Maclin, Matthews, Ertz, etc. ... this is a pretty dangerous team.

Any particular players.....???....dont follow college so not sure of past players.....
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

(09-25-2014, 03:02 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yeah, but that's my point ... there are plenty of fairly worthless "hits" in hobby as well, i.e., plain swatches from photo shoots, but the majority of the time in retail you don't even get those. My point was more that at least you are guaranteed something hobby-ish. Funny you mention Huff, I pulled his auto out of a Longevity box, thought it was Matthews at first! I agree with you on him ... I like how fired up/emotional he was on draft day, I was like, this guy is going to put the work in to be a good player. Foles, McCoy, Maclin, Matthews, Ertz, etc. ... this is a pretty dangerous team.
I definitely agree with that - recently I picked up 14 autograph cards for $75 - almost all of them Eagles and likely all of them came originally from Hobby boxes - at least a couple of them came from a fairly high end hobby only product. Three were numbered less than 50.

And that is hardly uncommon that you can get cards that were originally "hits" from high end products for very cheap - and many of the hits from low end products are practically being given away because their value is so low.