`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 A & G, Topps Chrome and Donruss Series 2 - Abreu /25

2014 A & G, Topps Chrome and Donruss Series 2 - Abreu /25
I made a commitment to not buy any boxes until I got all of my stacks organized and added to Beckett. I failed on that, but I did last a really long time! (It was probably about 3 months, but felt like years). I finally gave in and got 3 hobby boxes from Blowout:

The Allen and Ginter was meh, but I did get my first ever silk and first Ginter auto. I've bought a lot of A & G over the years and never got anything other than cheap relics.

Framed mini silk: Oberholtzer 8/10
Relics: Zach Wheeler and Chuck Zito
Auto: Carli Llloyd

The Topps Chrome was pretty meh too.

Autos: Matt Davidson and Marcus Stroman
'89 Refractors: Carlos Gonzalez and Yasiel Puig
Refractors: Avisail Garcia, Jean Segura, Yasiel Puig, Dominic Brown, Sergio Romo, Hisashi Iwakuma, Yoenis Cespedes, and Jonathan Lucroy
X-Fractors: David Ortiz, Salvador Perez, and Rafael Montero
Blue Refractor: Adam Wainwright 188/199
Sepia Refractor: David Holmber (RC) 75/75

The best box BY FAR was Donruss Series 2:

Autos: Andrew Lambo and JOSE ABREU 23/25!!
Relics: Votto Bat King (not pictured)
Inspirations: David Ortiz 64/66
Dominator: Masahiro TANAKA 15/999
The Elite Series: Carlos Beltran 861/999
Elite Series: Jose Fernandez 135/999
Turn of the Century: Kolten Wong 91/199
Stat Line Career: Tucker Barnhart (The Rookies) 53/139, Masahiro TANAKA (DK) 55/99, Cole Hamels 339/400, and Johnny Cueto 49/282
Press Proof Silver: Brian Dozier (DK) 138/199 and Chris Davis 88/199
Press Proof Gold: Chris Tillman 53/99 and Max Scherzer (DK) 93/99

The Donruss was so much fun and the cheapest of them all! The fact that I got an Abreu /25 probably helps. I really wish I would've bought 3 boxes of Donruss instead of bothering with the Chrome and Ginter. I only scanned the silk, autos and relics. All cards are listed for trade except the Votto. The Abreu will be tough to get, but is for trade.

[Image: Break0001_zps3e3e5695.jpg]

RE: 2014 A & G, Topps Chrome and Donruss Series 2 - Abreu /25
Nice breaks all around! That Abreu is sweet! Not too shabby on the Ginter also. The Stroman is a good hit in Chrome. Congrats!

Nice breaks! Im putting together the Ginter and Donruss sets if you have any available ft. All my needs are marked in org. ThanksSmile

Very nice Donruss break. I have done very poorly on A&G myself.

Abreu is very nice!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

What are you looking for in trade on the abreu....??
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

I totally agree, this year's Donruss is a fun break ... I've only done two rack packs, but they have just enough inserts and chase cards to make it fun, especially for $5. I'm assuming that if/when they get a license and can show logos, people will really latch onto them again. Sweet Abreu!

(09-16-2014, 06:15 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Nice breaks! Im putting together the Ginter and Donruss sets if you have any available ft. All my needs are marked in org. ThanksSmile
As soon as I go through the rest of the cards, I will see if I can help you out. Any chance you could PM your needs? Then I could search for those and add them first. Thanks.
(09-17-2014, 12:52 PM)cybertrenz02 Wrote: What are you looking for in trade on the abreu....??
I'd love to get someone's extra Jeter, Glavine, Maddux or Big Hurt auto. Mainly just want an auto of someone I collect that I don't already have an auto of. I would do 2-3 cards together for it.