`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old MVP inserts question

Old MVP inserts question
Any UD MVP experts know what's what with the 98-99 and 99-00 MVP Draft Reports insert sets? I have a set of 10 - the front of each card shows the player that Beckett identifies as being in the 99-00 set, and the back of each card has the name and write-up for the player that Beckett identifies as being in the 98-99 set. I took a look out on ebay and where there were front and back pictures, they all seemed to be that way. Really obvious on the pictures in item #310920582117, Gretzky on the front and Brendl on the back..... are they all like that? anybody?
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

RE: Old MVP inserts question
Card front picture a player-- such as Gretzky , but only say New York Rangers Draft report. They are all that way. Player pictured on front is not mentioned by name on the card.

OK, let me ask this a different way. Beckett lists 2 sets, one in 98-99 and another in 99-00. In the 98-99 set, Beckett calls the DR3 card a Pavel Brendl card. In the 99-00 set, Beckett calls the DR3 card a Wayne Gretzky card. So from which year set is a card with Gretzky pictured on the front and Brendl on the back?

And/or, has Beckett got this wrong and there really is only one set?

Actually only one set in 1999-00-- never seen a set from 1998-99. The price Guide list a 1998-99 set, but has no price for them and several just say TBD instead of players name.

It's 99-00. The front is a picture of Gretzky with the back listing Brendl, Lundmark and two other dweebs.

OK, thanks!

(09-17-2014, 07:43 PM)hockeynick1721 Wrote: It's 99-00. The front is a picture of Gretzky with the back listing Brendl, Lundmark and two other dweebs.
Not sure this is entirely true. I have a set (minus DR4) of what appears to be 1998-99 Draft Report on the back and 1999-00 Draft Report on the front. Near as I can tell, I never purchased 1998-99 MVP in hobby boxes, so this has to be from 1999-2000. The cards are as follows:
DR1: Ottawa Goalie (front) Patrik Stefan (back)
DR2: Vancouver Forward (front) Daniel Sedin (back)
DR3: Gretzky (front) Pavel Brendl (back)
DR4: unknown (front) Tim Connolly (back)
DR5: Nashville skater (front) Brian Finley (back)
DR6: Bondra (front) Kris Beach (back)
DR7: Flames skater (front) Oleg Saprykin (back)
DR8: Reasoner (front) Denis Shvidki (back)
DR9: Oilers skater (front) Jani Rita (back)
DR10: Friesen (front) Jeff Jillson (back)

I don't have any of the 1998-99 mvp draft..i don't remember having seen some of that year...i check they have no pricing...can't really tell..i will check on ud site...no draft report in 1998-99 on ud site...
MVP Total Project 10031/19603 51.2% (may be a bit more...with the beckett downtime i may have missed some...)

www.ithor.webs.com

I don't like buckets...i won't look at them and don't ask me to look at them