`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Have you ever thought about what you will do with your PC when ur gone?

RE: Have you ever thought about what you will do with your PC when ur gone?
I'm giving it all to my wife. Then she can decide which kid gets what. THEN she can deal with all the fighting and screaming as to what is fair. LOL! When it comes to money, people just aren't themselves.
The twelve 2001 FOTG are going with me though(The worms get em!).

I have not really put much thought in to it. Once I croke nothing else matters. The players that I collect are not really that sought after anyway so I do not view myself as sitting on a gold mine as far as my collection is concerned. By choice I do not have any kids so there will be no hand downs.

The lady in my life does not participate in this hobby with me so she would not have any idea what to do with it all. I probably would just give it all to her and let her do what she wishes. I would like to show her the 1/1s and other rare ones and tell her to sell those individually online after my post mortem. I would recommend that she sell the rest of the individual player collections in bulk and offer starting bid recommendations on everything. The danger of doing this now is that she will learn that I have spent a great deal of money on this hobby...
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Great thread. My PC is a legit $100K deal so I have gone to great lengths to outline each individual card, its location, value, etc. etc. so my wife can sell them when I go. I will be taking a few with me for company though Wink I urge all that have really valuable PCs to outline their value for whomever will be getting them... the only thing worse than losing my Marino collection is watching it go for less than it is worth LOL.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

(08-17-2014, 07:53 PM)no1dolphan Wrote: Great thread. My PC is a legit $100K deal so I have gone to great lengths to outline each individual card, its location, value, etc. etc. so my wife can sell them when I go. I will be taking a few with me for company though Wink I urge all that have really valuable PCs to outline their value for whomever will be getting them... the only thing worse than losing my Marino collection is watching it go for less than it is worth LOL.
Haha! Rolling over in you're grave and coming back to haunt the person that undersells your cards huh? :p

I had a talk with my sisters several years ago about what to do when I pass. Since then I got married and have had the same talk with my wife. I have been witness to far too many collections being sold off cheap at local card shops, and especially when the person coming in states that they know nothing about cards and got the collection through inheritance. I have literally watched a $50k collection been sold for under $1k, because that's "all" the shop could offer due to a bad economy, and then once the seller leaves the store the owner starts calling people and makes 10x his money back within an hour. Due to this my recommendation to family has been to work with someone who is knowledgeable about sports collectibles and willing to work on a percentage based commission for the sale of the cards. That way they have incentive to sell everything at the best price and not just dump it all and move on.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/