`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calculate Value not calculating?

Calculate Value not calculating?
So I'm brand new to Beckett, have purchased a sub for hockey, and have just started entering cards into the organizer. I am noticing an issue with the calculate value button. The value being shown is less than the value that I get when I add everything up manually.

The issue seems to coming from 1990-91 Pro Set cards, which typically are displayed with a value of $0.05, but seem to usually be calculated as $0.00 (but not all of the time). What exactly is causing this discrepancy?

RE: Calculate Value not calculating?
(08-09-2014, 07:56 PM)LunoKassian Wrote: So I'm brand new to Beckett, have purchased a sub for hockey, and have just started entering cards into the organizer. I am noticing an issue with the calculate value button. The value being shown is less than the value that I get when I add everything up manually.

The issue seems to coming from 1990-91 Pro Set cards, which typically are displayed with a value of $0.05, but seem to usually be calculated as $0.00 (but not all of the time). What exactly is causing this discrepancy?
Here are some of the typical items that cause price discrepancies.
1) Making sure you have a value in the Quantity Column.
2) Making sure you have a condition for the card. 1 of the Values goes by Card Condition, the other by Beckett traditional value system.

These are the typical pricing issues I have seen. Mostly the Quantity column. You can have the card in your collection but if that column has a 0 in it, then the Calculate Value will ignore that item.

I hope this is helpful, I am sure I am missing some other possible culprits, but this is what usually causes me problems.
Good Luck

RE: Calculate Value not calculating?
Thanks for the reply manny, everything is working as it should be now. The issue was that I just had to wait a day or so before calculating the value for my collections. Seems like some card sets like the 90-91 Pro Set just randomly wont calculate for some cards but will for others. Whatever the issue is, it seems to resolve itself after ~12 hours or so. Come to think of it, maybe logging out and logging back in would work for whenever this happens?