`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow Oakland!

RE: Wow Oakland!
with henry owens, one of the best left hand prospects coming up late next year, and matt barnes, if he can find it again
(07-31-2014, 11:50 AM)petillo64 Wrote: Yeah. I don't know man. Watching every game cespedes has played in over the past few, he is a very "special" talent. His stretch of amazing throws are case in point. Both of them started with him bobbling a routine scoop, then requiring him to make an awesome throw. Don't forget him somersaulting to injury after getting a spike snagged in the dirt on a routine slide into 2b. He likes to switch it up from idiot to savant quite a bit, many times on the same play!

At least he's not a Yankee. For whatever reason (common dislike of Yankees, I'm sure), I've always found keys rooting for the sox when all else is neutral.
cespedes being cespedes is the new manny being manny. i can dig it. plus: dat arm. him and jackie bradley? plus vasquez behind the plate? NOBODY is running on the red sox next year.

that's damn scary

Damn. I forgot I had tickets to the cespedes "la potencia" t-shirt giveaway game too. Bastards.

I think cespedes will mash in Boston. Based on hr derby and his playoff performance, clearly a big stage lover.

A's are 228-131 with cespedes in the line-up. 28-44 without. Don't like this at all...
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(07-31-2014, 11:22 AM)buckles2335 Wrote: I am afraid to PC some braves players. I have tons of Gattis, Heyward and kimbrel stuff but who knows where they will be in 4 years.
If you PC the players, just do Panini so the uniform doesn't matter when they get shipped out or moved in. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I'm glad Lester is gone. He isn't that good of a pitcher anymore. He will be lucky to win 3 games in Oakland. I just think Oakland upset their chemistry they had. And now instead of winning I wouldn't be surprised if they start losing. Like the old adage says: "if its not broke don't fix it". Just my Opinion. Not sure if he will be the next Manny, time will tell...
[Image: Cespedes_zpsf1cc2d09.jpg]
Looking to trade for any Hall of Fame Topps base cards.

Jmo but I think Oakland will regret this trade. They just traded away a huge part of their offense and replaced it with Johnny Gomes. Yes their pitching got better but you still need to score runs to win games. This weakens their offense considerably in imo. Time will tell....
(07-31-2014, 12:32 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Damn. I forgot I had tickets to the cespedes "la potencia" t-shirt giveaway game too. Bastards.

I think cespedes will mash in Boston. Based on hr derby and his playoff performance, clearly a big stage lover.

A's are 228-131 with cespedes in the line-up. 28-44 without. Don't like this at all...
I think you're right to be concerned. I would be if I were an A's fan.

(07-31-2014, 12:35 PM)corbin21 Wrote: I'm glad Lester is gone. He isn't that good of a pitcher anymore.
that, sir, is crazypants

he is actually having what is his finest season: 2.52 era (lowest of career), 1.119 WHIP (lowest in career), 4.66 k/bb ration (best in career), 9.4 k/9 (thirs best, only slightly), 2.0 bb/9 (by fat the best of his career)

he is giving up less homers per 9 innings for his career (0.6). 155 ERA+, best in his career. 2.62 FIP, best in career

i could go on.

as for why this is happening:

http://m.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball...-comes-age
(07-31-2014, 12:43 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Jmo but I think Oakland will regret this trade. They just traded away a huge part of their offense and replaced it with Johnny Gomes.
if it was just gomes....maybe. but they also got fuld. gomes hits 300 against lefties, fuld hits 300 against righties. perfect platoon. plus, they get lester, having a career year and a proven post season winner

(07-31-2014, 10:30 AM)petillo64 Wrote: As far as the sox. Have fun watching cespedes try and learn to field off the monster... The guy is definitely not a geometry expert. Should proved a lot of excitement as he tries to gun people down after his misplays though!
I actually thought of ya man when this trade went through.

As far as the trade, in my opinion, win win for both teams.

Gomes + Fuld < Cespedes

(07-31-2014, 01:38 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Gomes + Fuld < Cespedes
If the platoon works as intended and the combined position bats near .300, won't be too much of a loss statistically. Throw in Lester and its an easy win on paper and in theory. I am very worried about the x-factor component. The splits with/without cespedes are undeniable, and having a great pitcher go every 5th will barely skew those #'s. the lineup has looked and felt different on his nights off/do stints, and has performed accordingly in the past.

Time for the others to put up and keep that all-star status.

My cespedes duplicates are flying off of comc right now... I think cespedes will love Boston and perform accordingly. Big papi can teach him Spanglish and all will be merry.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(07-31-2014, 01:38 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Gomes + Fuld < Cespedes
yes, and that is why gomes was a throw in, with lester being the prize
(07-31-2014, 01:48 PM)petillo64 Wrote: and having a great pitcher go every 5th will barely skew those #'s.
they are doing this for the post season. a's just didnt have a staff ace, or anyone with real playoff experience. they have the best record...now they are looking towards winning the post-season. lester gives them a guy that can start games 1 and 4 of a playoff series

very ballsy move, and one that i think will work very well for both teams