`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Please learn from my mistake

Please learn from my mistake
Last few weeks I've been fire selling stuff from my collection on Ebay. Following all conventional advice on ending times, starting prices, free shipping, one day handling, etc....(And getting hosed on final prices still at that).

My COMC port has not moved in nearly 2 years so I contacted them 12 days ago to have my entire inventory shipped to me. 9 days ago I initiated the ship request and got confirmation the next day that request was received. Since I'm trying to get money as quickly as possible I went ahead and saved all the COMC scans to my hard drive and posted to Ebay.

My rationale is that just a week prior it took them 5 days total from request to delivery to send me 100 cards. I figured I'd have PLENTY of time this time for everything to be delivered, packaged, etc...

I am now 36 hours from ending time and they STILL have no mailed my package. I've ended the stuff w/o bids but there's still 41 items with bids that I cannot end.

I'm so so so screwed. Unless COMC mails today and I get everything Saturday, my feedback is going to be tanked. Lesson learned, and I hope someone here can learn from it too. Don't list unless it is in hand.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

RE: Please learn from my mistake
great advice, man that sucks though... hope it all works out for you... what's up with the fire sale? hate to see anyone have to clear their PC out like that...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

Wife lost her job in January, graduated with her degree in May, still hasn't found gainful employment. Retirement people won't let me touch my funds without medical emergency with documentation from a doctor including amount owed or estimated to be owed, so I can't lie and say "well I need it for rent."

I've met with a few people (lawyers, financial advisors, etc...) who are baffled at how we've gone 8 months without hitting the panic button.

Hobby instagram

Hopefully you can buy a little time and get it from comc quick enough. Most people are rational so if it takes a day or 2 extra to ship it won't kill your feedback. Maybe put a call into comc as well to see what the delay is.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(07-31-2014, 08:19 AM)y2hood Wrote: Wife lost her job in January, graduated with her degree in May, still hasn't found gainful employment. Retirement people won't let me touch my funds without medical emergency with documentation from a doctor including amount owed or estimated to be owed, so I can't lie and say "well I need it for rent."

I've met with a few people (lawyers, financial advisors, etc...) who are baffled at how we've gone 8 months without hitting the panic button.
man... that all really sucks... hang in there it will get better... if I come across any Brees stuff it's yours for free...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

COMC had a free shipping promotion last week to promote the National, so I am sure they were hit hard by people requesting shipping. Not to mention some of their staff was probably prepping for the National. There is handling time along with the shipping time and you can always pay extra to expedite the handling. I know I placed an shipping order on the last day of the promotion and just today got shipping confirmation, so I'm not surprised that others are seeing delays. Hopefully everything works out ok for you.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

First, I hope everything works out in the real world for you.

Second, I definitely can't speak for everyone on the Bay but I know if I get a message from a seller informing me that shipping will be delayed & why, it's not a big deal to me and won't negatively impact the feedback I leave. Most people are pretty understanding when given the opportunity to be, though.

Third, if you've got any Ray Lewis and/or Torrey Smith stuff that hasn't moved I may be interested. Wink

Sorry no Ravens stuff, though I think it'd be against board policy if I linked you if I had some. It's mostly Steelers, vintage baseball, and other odds and ends that I had hoarded for some odd reason.

They did email me a tracking # yesterday, everything ends this afternoon-this evening, and the tracking # just shows that they created it, not mailed it.

I appreciate everyone's well wishes and advice. I haven't had a night w/o an Ebay related nightmare in a few days now. Getting pretty tired of tossing and turning before work.

Hobby instagram

Compounding my annoyance its a bunch of BGS graded cards, I swear by BGS, and this has done nothing to attract people there either. It's like even if I had the stuff in hand, I'm going to be mailing BGS 9.5s for $.99 at $2.01 shipping, charging free shipping.

I'm just not in a good mood with the hobby lately.

Hobby instagram

(07-31-2014, 11:48 AM)djohn Wrote: COMC had a free shipping promotion last week to promote the National, so I am sure they were hit hard by people requesting shipping. Not to mention some of their staff was probably prepping for the National. There is handling time along with the shipping time and you can always pay extra to expedite the handling. I know I placed an shipping order on the last day of the promotion and just today got shipping confirmation, so I'm not surprised that others are seeing delays. Hopefully everything works out ok for you.
This is a very good point.

Hang tough, Man.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.