`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
More "Alstott" gold, and some other PC additions

More "Alstott" gold, and some other PC additions
Had some solid pick-ups over the past several days. Though my Alstott collection is an uphill battle, it never ceases to amaze me all the rare, older items that continue to pop up. Needless to say, I am all too happy to provide them with a new home!

Kickin' it off with the Alstotts...

The 1996 Stadium Club has a population of just three 9.5's...
1996 Topps Stadium Club #144 - Mike Alstott [BGS 9.5] - Courtesy of COMC.com

#/5
2014 SPx Signatures Die-Cut #SPX-MA - Mike Alstott /5 - Courtesy of COMC.com

##/25
1999 Playoff Contenders SSD Finesse Gold #12 - Mike Alstott /25 - Courtesy of COMC.com

Mirror Gold
1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold #89 - Mike Alstott - Courtesy of COMC.com

Copper, ##/75
2000 Pacific Copper #362 - Mike Alstott /75 - Courtesy of COMC.com

###/100
1999 Playoff Absolute SSD Absolute Heroes Gold #AH99 - Mike Alstott /100 - Courtesy of COMC.com

###/100
2002 Donruss Gridiron Kings Gold #94 - Mike Alstott /100 - Courtesy of COMC.com

2002 Pacific Heads Up Game-Worn Jersey Quads #37 - Keyshawn Johnson, Mike Alstott, Warren Sapp, Aaron Stecker - Courtesy of COMC.com

Platinum Blue
1999 Pacific Paramount Platinum Blue #226 - Mike Alstott - Courtesy of COMC.com

JAGS
My first ever redemption...I'm pretty happy with it...###/299
2013 Panini Absolute #206 - Denard Robinson /299 - Courtesy of COMC.com

##/24
2013 Panini National Treasures Prime Pairings Signatures #34 - Paul Posluszny, Tyson Alualu, Johnathan Cyprien /24 - Courtesy of COMC.com

PLUMMERS
##/25
2002 Leaf Rookies & Stars Great American Heroes Autograph [Autographed] #GAH-37 - Jake Plummer /25 - Courtesy of COMC.com

##/20
2002 Playoff Prime Signatures Authentic Signatures [Autographed] #4 - Jake Plummer /20 - Courtesy of COMC.com

Images courtesy of COMC.com
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

RE: More "Alstott" gold, and some other PC additions
I didn't realize Alstott had so many cards...I gotta find a nice auto/patch of his someday for a collection I want to do. I'm super jealous of that Jaguars Triple auto you have too! That is a nice card! Smile

(07-29-2014, 10:19 AM)savagenate Wrote: I didn't realize Alstott had so many cards...I gotta find a nice auto/patch of his someday for a collection I want to do. I'm super jealous of that Jaguars Triple auto you have too! That is a nice card! Smile
Thanks Nate! If it is an auto/patch of Alstott you are looking for, that is a tough quest. He only has 15 of those (not counting 1/1's), with 10 of them being numbered to 25 or less. Over the past year and a half I have only been able to land three of them. The one you see most often is the 2001 Upper Deck Game Jersey Autographs (shown below). I wish you the best in your search.

If you don't mind sharing, what is the theme of the collection you would like to build?

2001 Upper Deck [???] #DC-AJ - Mike Alstott - Courtesy of COMC.com

"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

That's a nice card! Well, I have a dream of Collecting 7 different auto/patches of some of my favorite players at every position group. Fullbacks never get enough credit, and there have been some fun ones in my life to watch, from Alsott running people over, to William Henderson hurtling people, and todays hammer blocker in Vonte Leach, and the all around guys like Tolbert, Kuhn, and Reece. I'd live to find a nice card of each with an auto, and a patch, though I know many of them don't have any. With the news on alstott, that's better than William Henderson...I think he has 2 total autos. Kuhn has none, though I bought an in person auto (I believe it to be legit), and not sure about the others. But it'll be a fun project I think.

(07-29-2014, 10:40 AM)jephthah1 Wrote: Thanks Nate! If it is an auto/patch of Alstott you are looking for, that is a tough quest. He only has 15 of those (not counting 1/1's), with 10 of them being numbered to 25 or less. Over the past year and a half I have only been able to land three of them. The one you see most often is the 2001 Upper Deck Game Jersey Autographs (shown below). I wish you the best in your search.

If you don't mind sharing, what is the theme of the collection you would like to build?

2001 Upper Deck [???] #DC-AJ - Mike Alstott - Courtesy of COMC.com

(07-29-2014, 02:07 PM)savagenate Wrote: That's a nice card! Well, I have a dream of Collecting 7 different auto/patches of some of my favorite players at every position group. Fullbacks never get enough credit, and there have been some fun ones in my life to watch, from Alsott running people over, to William Henderson hurtling people, and todays hammer blocker in Vonte Leach, and the all around guys like Tolbert, Kuhn, and Reece. I'd live to find a nice card of each with an auto, and a patch, though I know many of them don't have any. With the news on alstott, that's better than William Henderson...I think he has 2 total autos. Kuhn has none, though I bought an in person auto (I believe it to be legit), and not sure about the others. But it'll be a fun project I think.
That would be an awesome collection...seriously! And one that could keep you busy for awhile. I have considered doing a PC of the top 10 hardest hitters in the NFL. Of course opinions vary, but there are a few guys that end up on most lists--John Lynch, Dick Butkus, Ronnie Lott, etc. Unfortunately, I am spread so thin right now that if I add one more collection, I think my wife would beat me down.

Those are some sweet cards! Especially like the gold bar.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I think it would be. Someday I'll get around to it. There's so many players, and player sets I'd love to collect...I'm just kinda picking one here and there and working on it for awhile and then switching lol. That would be a fun collection as well! Don't forget Ugly Ray from GB, Bob Sanders, Bob Lilly, Dick "Night Train" Lane, and the name that escapes me now...I just had it...the LB who knocked Frank Gifford out. Clowney could be one of those guys eventually too form the look of it. There was a clip from practice today where it was almost an exact replica of his college highlight...sliced through the line and (probably to the relief of the RB) held up at the last second, or it would've been another knock out. Not sure if that guy is LB material, but there's no doubt he has amazing talent!

(07-29-2014, 06:40 PM)jephthah1 Wrote: That would be an awesome collection...seriously! And one that could keep you busy for awhile. I have considered doing a PC of the top 10 hardest hitters in the NFL. Of course opinions vary, but there are a few guys that end up on most lists--John Lynch, Dick Butkus, Ronnie Lott, etc. Unfortunately, I am spread so thin right now that if I add one more collection, I think my wife would beat me down.

(07-29-2014, 08:17 PM)branesergen Wrote: Those are some sweet cards! Especially like the gold bar.
Thanks!