`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a way to clean an imperfection on a Chrome card?

Is there a way to clean an imperfection on a Chrome card?
By imperfection, it looks like when it was signed, Kevin Gausman must have dotted the marker in the white part of the card by accident. Is there a way to possible lightly rub the marker off without damaging the card?

Thank you.
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

RE: Is there a way to clean an imperfection on a Chrome card?
You want to wipe ink off? Not sure if that's a good idea to try but most guys clean their chrome cards with microfiber cloth and a very very very light amount of moisture. I've been thinking about trying a few different substances myself on some junk chrome.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Thanks. I may end up making the whole card blue....lol I want to get it graded and don't know if that would be a ding on the surface grade.

(07-29-2014, 12:26 AM)Haze28 Wrote: You want to wipe ink off? Not sure if that's a good idea to try but most guys clean their chrome cards with microfiber cloth and a very very very light amount of moisture. I've been thinking about trying a few different substances myself on some junk chrome.

(07-29-2014, 08:04 PM)redskins316 Wrote: Thanks. I may end up making the whole card blue....lol I want to get it graded and don't know if that would be a ding on the surface grade.
Graded by Beckett? Yes, definite ding on Surface.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I think haze28 above had the right idea on trying different different methods on no value chrome. I think I'll grab a Sharpie and do a little test drive myself. I'm glad the question was asked. I have several chromes that could use some cleaning.
It does no good to get on the right track if you are headed in the wrong direction.
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af111/baseballmason1958/st_louis_ca
rdinals_towel-1.jpg[/img]

Rubbing alcohol, a tissue and some light rubbing work great......done it before and got mint surface grades....only use on the spot you want to remove because it will remove all ink
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

Awesome! Thanks for the tip, I will try it this weekend when I have time. I will let you know how it turns out.

(07-30-2014, 04:57 PM)cybertrenz02 Wrote: Rubbing alcohol, a tissue and some light rubbing work great......done it before and got mint surface grades....only use on the spot you want to remove because it will remove all ink