`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opinions on this ovechkin auto

opinions on this ovechkin auto
Someone's offering me this for my shop. Claims he got it at the team hotel. I've only ever seen sigs he was being paid to sign, so I don't know if his rushed "I don't want to do this" signature varies in consistency and quality or what.
[Image: _57_zpse6159ea7.jpg]
Opinions?
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

RE: opinions on this ovechkin auto
Without a COA I would not take it.

(07-28-2014, 09:31 AM)hckydv7 Wrote: Without a COA I would not take it.
Agreed. You have a reputation now as a shop owner to uphold. I wouldn't risk getting a rep as a seller of fake autos right off the hop. Not worth the risk.
Looking for rookies, autos, and patches current Canuck players in Canuck uniform and former Canuck stars IE Linden, Bure etc
Bucket: http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/h...or%20Sale/

Short answer: No

Long answer: No - I've gotten Ovie, in a "don't want to do this" situation... looks nothing like that. Even his sloppy signatures seem to have some clarity to them. I've seen some that don't include the "8" on the end, but nothing this poor. Keep in mind, if you're reselling it, you'll likely need an authentication along the lines of JSA/PSA. Seems the only ones that can 'get away' with not using those certifications are high standing stores (DC Sports, FanaticsU, etc) that do signings regularly. I offered some Rangers and Devils stuff to my LCS when I was living in NJ, and he wouldn't touch it without JSA/PSA for the exact reason I mentioned above.
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

[Image: 288d724243eb074faa7c61eb72968441.jpg]

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Definite NO. have a few of his autos (not an expert) but looks fake.

I have to say that I've gotten something like that on a card that he signed for me a few years ago. However, I tend to agree with everyone else that it's not worth the effort to sell something that looks dissimilar to the overwhelming majority of his signatures. Most people expect basically a large lowercase l with a few squiggles and the number 8 as Ovi's autograph. Anything that doesn't look like that, unless you've gotten it in person, will appear to be fake.

As a shop owner now, I would NOT take it.

If you have ask anonymous people on the internet, you already know the answer.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

^^^^^^ Like

Collecting Kirk McLean - Todd Bertuzzi - Scott Stevens
[Image: bbbert.png]