`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help purchasing an autographed jersey

I need help purchasing an autographed jersey
So I am I am in search of an autographed Paul Pierce jersey. My hope is to land an authentic NBA jersey that has been autographed, however most of what I see are Swingman or other replica jerseys. I have two questions. First when looking online how can I tell that it is a legitimately authenticate NBA jersey (I know the COAs to look for on the auto). Are there key points to look for over the replicas? Then is the authentic worth it? Or should I just grab a Swingman signed jersey? I plan on framing it and displaying in in my office. Thanks on advance for any and all feedback.
[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

RE: I need help purchasing an autographed jersey
Authentic is the way to go. You want to have what they wear go with an authentic. They are just nicer to look at. Now there are two different authentics, there is the old one with no holes and all mesh and then there is the revolution 30 which goes for about $4000 and up with an autograph and has holes in a pattern running down the jersey. I can send you pictures if needed. For these it is very simple to find the authenticity. Next to the adidas logo at the bottom of the jersey there is a serial number which is in the system as game worn/issued. When looking for an auto'd old authentic there is no adidas logo in the shoulder area. Feel free to ask any other questions you have.

Thanks bud. I knew about the Revolution 30, and you are dead on for the prices. I have seen game used auto versions going for 3500-4500. The advice about the Adidas logo is very helpful. It saved me from making too high of an offer in one that was listed as authentic. Is it true that it is easier to get a good clean auto in the Swingman replicas due to the material that is used though? I've heard that the numbers on the Swingman jerseys are easier to sign.

you should have come to my charity event for the past couple years...pierce donated a signed jersey :p (and you could have won a date with former NESN reporter Heidi Watney)

hope you dont mind the biggie-sized. just showing for detail. These arent game worn, but they are the ones they gave Pierce while playing for the C's

Yes, that is the only good thing about getting a swingman signed, the auto comes out flawless. Obviously its up to you if you want a jersey with a nice auto or a jersey that resembles what paul wore.
(07-28-2014, 09:51 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: you should have come to my charity event for the past couple years...pierce donated a signed jersey :p (and you could have won a date with former NESN reporter Heidi Watney)

hope you dont mind the biggie-sized. just showing for detail. These arent game worn, but they are the ones they gave Pierce while playing for the C's

Nice. This is the authentic jersey but the one that they wear on the court has mesh numbers. It gives a wrinkle effect. Very nice.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm still looking through some options. I have the owner of my LCS looking into it as well. Though he is only finding replica jerseys. Looking at that beautiful piece Josh posted I need to find an authentic jersey. The details and piping within all the letters and numbers really makes it pop. It will display much nicer than a simple sew on replica. I may have a lead on one of the Nike authentic jerseys. I'm waiting to hear back. I know the design will be more simplistic than the Adidas ClimaCool, but it should still be a nice piece.

Nice, here is a limited edition. Pretty much game issued. If you were to find one of these for cheap, wow