`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone know which 97 action packed packs to find the "extra points" cards?

Does anyone know which 97 action packed packs to find the "extra points" cards?
I have been looking for the "extra points" cards for Napoleon Kaufman and haven't had any luck finding them. I know they were inserted into the 1997 action packed product to collect and mail away. I have opened the hobby packs (5 cards per pack) and the retail packs (4 cards per pack) and have not found them inserted into the packs. I heard that they were inserted into every pack in place of the "studs" protector cards. Both hobby and retail packs I have opened contained the stud protector cards. Does anyone know exactly which product they are located in and how to tell? Any help would be appreciated.
[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.

RE: Does anyone know which 97 action packed packs to find the "extra points" cards?
I remember pulling some back in 1997 while opening some retail packs from a blaster box. They don't have any pictures, just the player name and a point amount kind of like Ultra did in 97-98 basketball with the Diamond points or whatever. I could be wrong but I think the extra points were also just borders with the middle cut out so the embossed Action Packed card fronts would fit behind them better. Don't quote me on that though, it's been 17 years haha.

RE: Does anyone know which 97 action packed packs to find the "extra points" cards?
(07-28-2014, 03:01 PM)evolb909 Wrote: I remember pulling some back in 1997 while opening some retail packs from a blaster box. They don't have any pictures, just the player name and a point amount kind of like Ultra did in 97-98 basketball with the Diamond points or whatever. I could be wrong but I think the extra points were also just borders with the middle cut out so the embossed Action Packed card fronts would fit behind them better. Don't quote me on that though, it's been 17 years haha.
Thanks for the info. I do have some of the cards and they are just the name of the player and either 10 or 100 points in big numbers on the card. Jaderock has some listed on Ebay. I just can't seem to find any of the kaufman ones. I was hoping to just buy some packs and test my luck that way, but I can't seem to find any in packs either. The blaster box would make sense. It's definitely not the hobby boxes or regular retail boxes.

No problem. Packs are probably the only way you will find one of those! I am always looking for late 90's wax so I will keep my eyes open for sure. By the way if you didn't know, the blasters back then were just like the 4 row hobby boxes but with less packs and a big piece of foam in them. Nice job on the Kaufman collection, those are some very impressive numbers.

Thanks. I appreciate you keeping an eye out for those cards.