`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
PC additions - June additions at #292

PC additions - June additions at #292
While I've been waiting for more items for my main PC guy (Max Kepler) to pop up, I've been busy adding smaller pieces to some of my other collections - namely Oswaldo Arcia, vintage Minnesota Twins, Mike Trout and HOF RCs.

I've been waiting for a couple of pieces to show up and was then going to show off some rainbow progress, along with some of those other PC pieces I've been able to pick up recently (through trades and buys here, eBay and COMC purchases and even a handful of buys through Facebook group pages).

Thanks to the State of Minnesota and its glorious process of expediting property taxes/renter's rebates to those that e-file, I was able to pick up a few more pieces.

I'll turn this into my running non-Kepler mailday thread (I believe) and there will be more coming today/this weekend, but had to share this one ... because I got it for a crazy deal.

1956 Topps #164 Harmon Killebrew ($20 shipped - will get a better photo later [Image: killerf_zps10bfc49_edit_1406507702878_zpswgzhy6e6.jpg][Image: killberb_zps1d951b9_edit_1406507718902_zpsnfqbubvw.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Someone's been a busy (money spending) beaver ... thanks Dept. of Revenue!
Nice pick up... Hope to do another deal with you soon
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

That's an awesome card, Jared!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks, guys. I've been real pleased with some of my pickups lately, but this one definitely takes the cake. It's not the RC that I've been searching for a good deal on, but it's the next best thing.
Kepler

I tried uploading decent photos with my phone and it just didn't work in a timely fashion. But the Killebrew photo has been updated and here's a few of my other recent pickups. I expect quite a few more to come in in the next few days.

Some Bowman Scout mini color
[Image: color_zps8c13fd42.jpg]

Some Twins stuff
[Image: random_zpsc2a8a113.jpg]

A little Buxton
[Image: buck_zps416dd23b.jpg][/URL]

A tiny bit of vintage (not sure what happened to the other, more impressive photo)
[Image: vintage2_zpsfc29e882.jpg][/URL]

One of my favorite more recent buys
[Image: 20140624_210749_zpskehryqnr.jpg][/URL]

Some dudes from California that are OK
[Image: random2_zps8324f12_edit_1406507499032_zpszkq68zvo.jpg]
Kepler

Nice pickups! I have a few twins autos myself. Love that Killebrew! I met him once along time ago really nice guy!

After an absolutely awful day at work on Monday, I returned home to several packages. They helped salvage my day ... it's the little things.

Some Twins love from a deal made here:
[Image: Twins_zps69db3c79.jpg]

I bought the seven cards in these two photos for $5.25 (plus $3 shipping) from a Facebook group page ... I'm not unhappy with the buy:
[Image: 80s1_zpsa319e235.jpg]
[Image: 80s2_zpsd8809171.jpg]

The Killer was an eBay buy, the Arcia came from COMC (watch for "Rainbow" progress later/tomorrow and the Bradley from Facebook (actually came in the other day):
[Image: random_zps359eb6bc.jpg]
Kepler

RE: Maildays are so much happier when you've got a little cash to spend -July 29 update
Great cards! Can't wait to see the Arcia rainbow!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Maildays are so much happier when you've got a little cash to spend -July 29 update
Start picking up some Jose berrios. That kid is legit! I met him last year and, even though his English isn't great, he's very friendly. He's breaking out huge this season.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

(07-29-2014, 09:36 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Great cards! Can't wait to see the Arcia rainbow!
You've seen the one complete one, Doc. And there's 3 more (I think) that currently sit 1 card short. Minus 1/1s ... gonna consider those bonus cards if I stumble into them.

Also should be some more Kepler love arriving this week Big Grin
(07-29-2014, 09:39 AM)kelbysdaddy Wrote: Start picking up some Jose berrios. That kid is legit! I met him last year and, even though his English isn't great, he's very friendly. He's breaking out huge this season.
He really, really is. It's pretty ridiculous. He absolutely dominated A+ this year and through 3 starts is more than holding his own at AA ... and he just turned 20 in May. He's almost 5 years younger than the average AA player.

If he continues progressing the way he has been, he could (likely won't, but could) debut for the Twins next season ... as a 21-year-old.

Finally, it looks like this team might have some starting pitching coming up the ranks - Meyer and May (AAA); Berrios (AA); Stewart, Thorpe, Gonsalves, Hu (Low A). And those are just the guys putting up decent numbers this year. There's others in rookie ball that are supposed to be pretty good, too.

Handful of others that could still turn the corner or at least be productive bullpen guys.

But the next guy to keep an eye on is Stephen Gonsalves.
Kepler