`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013-14 Preferred Box Break

2013-14 Preferred Box Break
On vacation at the beach but I stopped by The Hobby Box aka Cards Infinity and picked up a box of Preferred from Chris. I wasn't expecting anything great but this box was brutal, especially for the price Panini released it at (180)

[Image: 1brl7w1u.jpeg]

RE: 2013-14 Preferred Box Break
Wow, sorry to see that. That is rough. Who did you piss off to deserve that kind of karma? Four cards of that quality at that price is so deflating.

I've seen a few breaks of this. It seems the only people finding real nice stuff are those who invest eyed in 1 or 2 cases. The true hits are rare in this product. While it stinks to get whacked like you did, it is nice that Panini is spreading things out a bit compared to Spectra which was a free for all across the board. Golds, blacks and patches for everyone. That being said with the Preferred checklist being as large as it is, and with it including redemptions this should be a 130.00-150.00 dollar product.

[Image: lnuVdUL.png]

Ouch. Sorry man. Is the Conley at least /10? Anything SPed?
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

The "Money" Mike Conley is nice and the Smity but I see where you're coming from. This product is way, WAY overpriced. Also, why use black & white for the booklet???? To me that just kills a card. The booklet doesn't pop at all, IMO. Black and white, Panini? What are we in the 1920s? Maybe their lead designer is from that era..

Better luck next time, jdetter.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

dang, no Kendalls Sad

Tough break man, sorry to see that!
My Website: thepointguard.weebly.com
Also Collecting: Five Star Autos, '50s Topps Sets
Current Top Wants: '15 Chipper Jones & Other Five Star Autos
[Image: PGBanner_zps899b0bff.jpg]

(07-23-2014, 03:48 PM)SHowley2003 Wrote: Wow, sorry to see that. That is rough. Who did you piss off to deserve that kind of karma? Four cards of that quality at that price is so deflating.

I've seen a few breaks of this. It seems the only people finding real nice stuff are those who invest eyed in 1 or 2 cases. The true hits are rare in this product. While it stinks to get whacked like you did, it is nice that Panini is spreading things out a bit compared to Spectra which was a free for all across the board. Golds, blacks and patches for everyone. That being said with the Preferred checklist being as large as it is, and with it including redemptions this should be a 130.00-150.00 dollar product.
lol It was def deflating when I was opening them. Kept waiting and hoping a decent hit would be in the final pack or something but it wasnt to be. I would not be surprised if the price of this product were to drop to $120 by this time next year, if not more.

I'm not ready to call the trip to the card shop a wash yet though. I have a box of Exquisite Golf coming Wednesday so it could make up for this rough box by Panini lol
(07-23-2014, 10:50 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Ouch. Sorry man. Is the Conley at least /10? Anything SPed?
Yea the Conley is /10. I mean its not a bad card, he just doesnt have very many people that collect him. When I got home today I went back over the checklist to see if any were SPed. The booklet is I guess an SP from that set as most were /199 but it is /99.
(07-24-2014, 07:10 AM)vgqv Wrote: The "Money" Mike Conley is nice and the Smity but I see where you're coming from. This product is way, WAY overpriced. Also, why use black & white for the booklet???? To me that just kills a card. The booklet doesn't pop at all, IMO. Black and white, Panini? What are we in the 1920s? Maybe their lead designer is from that era..

Better luck next time, jdetter.
Yea, I'm not a big fan of the design of these booklets. I dont like the black and white pictures or the position and size of the patches.
Thanks I'm gonna need more luck next time lol

Sorry for the tough break! At that price you would hope something of some kind of value would be in there!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

Sweet bird and magic
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK