`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else notice A&G Minis not all cut to same size?

Anyone else notice A&G Minis not all cut to same size?
I bought 3 blasters of '14 A&G and noticed that some of the minis were slightly larger than the others. The smaller ones are the same size as the minis from last year. Tried a couple of pictures:

Cards are on their side "bookended" by boxes.
[Image: 20140714_224540_zpsd95a79e4.jpg]

In this you can see the McCutchen is slightly larger than the other two (see blue lines).
[Image: 20140714_224946_zpsefc12110.jpg]

Also had some packs in the boxes have two minis, and the next pack have none. I counted the total number of minis and came out with an average of one per pack. Think this is a quality issue. Anyone else run across this?
Collecting the following players:
Steve Garvey (177 different cards) --Willie McCovey (168 different cards) --Will Clark (199 different cards) --Mel Ott (132 different cards) --Willie Mays (28 different cards)
=Currently collecting vintage tobacco and tea cards as well as Topps Allen and Ginter=

RE: Anyone else notice A&G Minis not all cut to same size?
Yeah i noticed that too with this years minis. Topps is getting sloppy, but what do they care.

I wonder if grading will be an issue? Will they think some are trimmed?
I noticed this myself yesterday too, it's really going to make things dicey when I'm organizing.
Topps got so many things right with this years release, too bad
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Yeah, I noticed the same discrepancies in size and had the same '2 mini in one-0 mini in the next' error.
Like Pete said, they got everything else in this set right, it's too bad they let quality control slack off.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I don't have enough mini's to give a definative answer, but did topps cut the various ones differently on purpose? My A&G black backs are all the same size, retired players are cut larger, entertainers and personalities are larger than the black backs and the SP high number ones are slighly smaller than the lower numbered base. Just an observation which is probably way off base.......
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(07-19-2014, 10:15 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I don't have enough mini's to give a definative answer, but did topps cut the various ones differently on purpose? My A&G black backs are all the same size, retired players are cut larger, entertainers and personalities are larger than the black backs and the SP high number ones are slighly smaller than the lower numbered base. Just an observation which is probably way off base.......
That would be quite the coincidence, I'll check that out when I get my big batch in next week
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Actually, I've noticed this issue across many of the years of A&G. I've bought maybe 4-5 blasters this year and I've noticed it a little more, but I've seen some of the minis slightly larger in years' past as well....just not quite as much as I've seen it this year.