Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help with potential MISPRINT!!

Need Help with potential MISPRINT!!
Hi, new here.

I have a Roy card that I've been holding onto. I went to sell it today and realized that it has a potential misprint. Unfortunately its 3/25 and very hard to find a pic of the back to confirm so I need some card geeks to help!

CARD:2008-09 SPX Flashback Fabrics Patrick Roy #249

Potential misprint: instead of saying 2008-09 it says 2000-09 on the back.

It's a beautiful card, perfect autograph, I just want to know, is this a misprint? If so.. how much should I ask for it when selling it? How much does the value increase when they'res a misprint?

Card is in near mint/mint condition. Photo of the date "misprint" attached.

Thanks!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Need Help with potential MISPRINT!!
Every one of the flasback fabrics that I have seen from that year say 2000-09--- so more of an uncorrected error-- no added value.

send it to me you don't want that haha. ive sent cards back to upper deck and pacific when it was around, with missing autos, and cards that I break that are already creased or have a problem with the jersey. I wouldn't advise you doing that with sucha great card but they will always make good on it and will usually keep the card and give you something of better value.

Don't sent it in --- bad idea.

This is not a misprint but an uncorrected error as all the flashback fabrics from that year say 2000-09.

They will just send it back to you any way.

I see this more often in baseball. They will have a select group of players from a decade and list the cards as 2000-09, for example. This happened more in the past than it does now. My guess is that it came out in 2009, but I could be mistaken.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.