`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
1996 NFL / 7-Eleven redemption set

1996 NFL / 7-Eleven redemption set
Does anyone have pictures of this set? The individual card manufacturers would help as well, especially the Marino card. I would assume this is similar to the '97 issue? The Marino being gold foil UD issue instead of silver. Probably another case of having seen it plenty of times and not recognized it... which leads to the question. Marinocollector... what say ye?
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

RE: 1996 NFL / 7-Eleven redemption set
I never seen these either. Marinocollector is the man for information.

I don't think I ever saw these in the price guide before now... I don't know... Its sets like these that make me grab an older Annual and see if it was listed back in the day....

I know one of these older pack redemption sets had a Marino listed that was not Marino.... I need to see if this was one of them.... touch base later.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

Now I feel better... for once, it's not just me. I'll keep looking as well.
-- WANT LIST LINK --

Here's my thing.... we went to 7-11 all the time.... 1995 and 1996 had the phone cards, 1997 had the NFL properties set, and 1998 had the Playoff sets. I do not recall any other cards being offered in 1996 other than the phone cards, and this is someone who's family was cardboard obsessed and had a dad who was lotto obsessed, while also stopping to get refills on sodas every time we went out. We went to 7-11 a lot. LOL. I really only remember the one set in 1997. Hope someone can offer more clarification. Unfortunately, I do not have access to a almanac from the 90s or early 2000s right now.

I'll keep looking, but I certainly remember scoffing at the 1997 / 98 stuff back in the day... and I want to slap myself silly for being so myopic. The 98 stuff is especially hard to find thanks to many others having the same viewpoint that I did.
-- WANT LIST LINK --

(07-17-2014, 04:01 AM)no1dolphan Wrote: I'll keep looking, but I certainly remember scoffing at the 1997 / 98 stuff back in the day... and I want to slap myself silly for being so myopic. The 98 stuff is especially hard to find thanks to many others having the same viewpoint that I did.
Honestly, for the most part, its best you did. Probably saved you a fortune on most of the cards compared to now.