`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best card holders for ungraded cards

Best card holders for ungraded cards
What is the best type holder for non graded cards? A screw down a top loader or something else.

RE: Best card holders for ungraded cards
Penny sleeve and top loader is a cheap and effective way to go but also I really like the one touch magentic cases, they offer a variety of thicknesses depending on your needs and they look awesome.

I agree one touch case is the way to go.

Touch loader and penny sleeves are much cheaper, but more significant cards I say one touches. Me personally I stay away from the screw down cases. If you don't place the card correctly there is always the possibility of bending your card or dinging a corner.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

The one-touch and the screwdowns essentially are the same. Same material, different size thicknesses to accommodate mostly any size thickness.
The only real differences between the one-touch magnetic vs. the screwdown is the price (35point screwdown is usually $1.00 while 1-touch mag is $1.50) and convenience (you don't need a screwdriver to get a card in and out of a 1-touch). One difference in favor of the screwdown is in the event of dropping a card/case, the screwdown stays closed while the 1-touch pops open. So as long as you don't plan on flinging your cards around .... Smile
There are these huge lucite slabs with 4 screws. They're like a brick, they have no card well so not recommended for thick cards, but for some older, larger cards, they're great if you are careful!
Anyway, hope this helps. If you buy any of these online you can get a better price, but remember, shipping is expensive, they're heavy. Online stores like SteelCityCollectibles carry supplies and they do free shipping for orders over $99.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I dislike the screwdowns personally - seen to many cards messed up from people not paying attention or not knowing how to use them properly. I always recommend penny sleeve and top loaders and I'm a big fan of One Touch for thicker cards.

Dave and Adam's Card World have pretty good prices but I tend to order in bulk and I'm a premier member so your mileage may vary on their pricing Smile They do offer free shipping on orders over $100 as well.

This question should be posted permanently on this forum.....Beckett.....(hint, hint)
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards

(07-11-2014, 11:43 AM)rollx8 Wrote: This question should be posted permanently on this forum.....Beckett.....(hint, hint)
Support!