`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINAL after 3 year I got the one single card I have wanted since I first seen it!

FINAL after 3 year I got the one single card I have wanted since I first seen it!
Don't really know what else to say that I didn't say in the subject. After several failed attempts and a couple hundred dollars later. I finally got my ultimate card! The auto is very clean and to the naked eye I think I could possibly get it graded... Will I probably not, but I think it would get a solid grade if I chose to do so.

[Image: imagejpg1_zps2b4896e1.jpg]
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

RE: FINAL after 3 year I got the one single card I have wanted since I first seen it!
Nice! I personally think that is a good buy right now when you look at his prices compared to Trout's. His regular ungraded Chrome Auto is going for about 1/4 of Trouts. I think a lot of people forget how young Bryce still is. Won't turn 22 until October. Who's to say Trout couldn't get injured tomorrow and miss the rest of the season while Bryce goes on a tear and the Nats get into the playoffs.

RE: FINAL after 3 year I got the one single card I have wanted since I first seen it!
Congrats on a great card! Always nice to accomplish a goal. I'm not a card grade person, so really no thoughts there. Now....what's next? Enjoy.....
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

nice! really clean looking signature too i've seen some of his 2011 where the pen isnt solid all the way through
I need to stop buying boxes and just drop some coin on singles I really want such as this and the bowman chrome darvish autos

Very nice, definitely seems like a good time to buy right now.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(07-09-2014, 08:08 AM)rentzington Wrote: I need to stop buying boxes and just drop some coin on singles I really want such as this and the bowman chrome darvish autos
+1
You and me both!

Hey Richard, congrats on the card! It's really clean and his auto from that year looks better than most recent ones. Did you buy it, trade for it, or opened it from a pack. From you post it wasn't really specified ... or i just didn't catch it. Just wondering!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks everybody for the nice words. It's all reassuring when you read nothing but positive comments.

Mitch,

I wish I was able to pull this out of a pack. I'm still waiting for that one amazing hit after 20 years of busting packs. So to answer your question I bought this one. I think I got a pretty awesome deal on it. From what this card was selling for over the last couple years. I think I did well and John Harrison5 said it best Harper isn't going to be 22 until October so I'm very very satisfied with the purchase.
(07-09-2014, 07:53 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Congrats on a great card! Always nice to accomplish a goal. I'm not a card grade person, so really no thoughts there. Now....what's next? Enjoy.....
Joe,

I have no clue what's next I could shoot for the moon and go for a 2009 bowman chrome Trout auto, but I don't have the slightest clue. Maybe a yasiel PUIG auto possibly a Bonds auto for my PC (1200 bonds cards no auto) Kinda at a loss... You should of seen me talking to my wife about it before I actual made the purchase. LOL

I can't buy any more cards til the end of August that was the agreement if that tells you anything. For now just going to enjoy the Harper and look at it in aww.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

I think a lot of a baseball players card value in the end is based off of numbers plain and simple. You can throw in the world series titles, but in the end people will remember the numbers and the kind of person you were....did you ever cheat or use illegal substances. For a player to put up numbers they have to start off young and have a long healthy career. People are paying more for Kris Bryant's cards than Harpers and Harper is a year younger and already has almost 300 career hits and almost 50 career HR and Bryant hasn't had any. Hence I would definitely buy the Harper cards right now if I was going off of numbers and potential. Trout has definitely had a nice start to his career (best ever maybe), but his and Harpers numbers aren't that far apart yet and Harper is younger. Trout chrome BGS 9.5 $1200-$1300, Harper Chrome BGS 9.5 $300-$400.

Sorry guys I love talking numbers, potential, and value

Love it!!! Congrats on the pickup! I have decided to go for singles for the most part, I will buy packs here and there, but I think my box buying days are done........for the most part..lol
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

congrats, its the holy grail of the harper world, nice pick up.
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]