`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Box of...something.

1 Box of...something.
This being a rare two-night "weekend" for me, I was a good Harv and not only took care of all my errands this morning, but managed to drive right past the LCS without even stopping in to say "hi" (which usually costs me around $100). So to reward myself, I hit up the card section during my trip to the local Target.

The selection was underwhelming...leftover 2013 blasters, 2014 Score, 2014 UD retail, and a handful of 2014 Sage & Press Pass blasters. I wasn't craving a break so badly that I was going to waste money on that crap. Or, was I?

So I bought one of those "10 packs inside!" "40% savings" boxes filled with assorted unopened packs, because they are always a great value filled with quality product and I could see a hobby pack of Flair Showcase staring through the window at me, with Peyton Manning all enticing and Colt-like staring at me from the label. Surely this was a can't-miss.

It actually turned out fairly well. The spoils:

1 wax pack 1991 Fleer
1 hobby pack of 2006 Flair Showcase
1 pack 2010 Panini Gridiron Gear
1 pack 2011 Topps
1 pack 2012 Score
1 pack 2012 Topps
1 jumbo pack 2012 Topps
1 pack 2013 Leaf Draft
1 pack 2013 Sage HIT
1 pack 2013 Topps Arhives

Highlights:
-Pulled not one but two Aaron Mellette cards which I needed for my PC. Both base cards, but still pretty cool.
-Got both RG3 and Doug Martin rookie cards out of the 2012 Topps.
-Eddie Lacy & Cordarrelle Patterson "Next Level" cards in the '13 HIT.
-The small 2012 Topps pack apparently originally came from a Target, as I pulled a red David Wilson 1957 insert.
-And the big hit...John L. Williams Fan Favorites autograph out of the 2013 Topps Archives!

Not too bad for $11.99. Smile

RE: 1 Box of...something.
Not bad at all!
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

Of all of the multipacks out there, those are the ones I've had the best luck with.

nice auto and red hit also congrats on the PC hits
Jamaal Charles Progress: Updated 06/12/2014
360/2,662 unique cards 569 total

[Image: Rodneysbanner.jpeg]

wow, I bought one once and it was awful. nice hit
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

Thanks guys. Smile I couldn't believe it when I saw that auto, I generally have horrible luck with retail products.

Also want to thank that little box for reminding me that no card set in history was ever quite as ugly as '91 Fleer.

nice stuff

Nice hits
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK