`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unusual names

Unusual names
I was going through some old cards today and a couple names always catches my attention even though they are not superstars but unusual names 1 Bake McBride and 2 Razor Shines. what are some of the unusual names that always catches your attention.

RE: Unusual names
Johnny "Ugly" Dickshot and Rusty Kuntz are my favorites.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Dick Pole

Coco Crisp-Why would you name a kid that?
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

(06-24-2014, 06:27 AM)happy14027 Wrote: Coco Crisp-Why would you name a kid that?
his parents didnt. his name is Covelli Loyce Crisp.

Milton Bradley always cracks me up..
Wonderful Monds
Boof Bonser
1 season player Shooty Babitt

And finally
The brother of George and Patsy Tebeau,

***** Tebeau's career lasted only two games in July of 1895.

Covelli Loyce Crisp. --Didn't know that. Trying to word this correctly but what nationality is "Covelli" That is a name I have never heard of for a boy or girl-I do like it though. If you know, where and or why "Coco" ? Seems in today's world someone would have called him CC, which is cool too.

(06-24-2014, 06:34 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: his parents didnt. his name is Covelli Loyce Crisp.
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

Oil Can Boyde
Gaylord Perry
Catfish Hunter
Rob Deer
just to name a few
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(06-25-2014, 03:18 PM)happy14027 Wrote: Covelli Loyce Crisp. --Didn't know that. Trying to word this correctly but what nationality is "Covelli" That is a name I have never heard of for a boy or girl-I do like it though. If you know, where and or why "Coco" ? Seems in today's world someone would have called him CC, which is cool too.
from wiki:
Crisp was originally nicknamed "Coco" by his sister and brother who teased him that he looked like one of the characters on the Cocoa Krispies cereal box. The nickname was short-lived, until he started playing AA baseball. The team had all the players fill out a questionnaire form to get to know one another. Covelli listed "Coco" as his nickname on the form. His teammates thought the name was funny, so they had it put on the scoreboard during the game. After a week and a half, he was traded to another team, but the nickname stuck, and he has been "Coco Crisp" ever since. On March 5, 2013 he officially changed his name.

the name covelli is of Italian lineage. he father was african-american, his mother was puerto rican and italian

Italian-That's what I initially thought but didn't want to offend anyone--don't know where you got the info but thanks-very interesting read---