`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Two sweet pickups...and something I COMPLETELY don't understand

RE: Two sweet pickups...and something I COMPLETELY don't understand
you can say the same for lesean mccoy.....but all in all....its a passing league....qbs get more recognition for their teams.

some will say that AP carried his team to the playoffs two years ago. Lynch cant say that. AP is one of the few RB'S in NFL history that has put the wins for his team. Barry Sanders suffered the same trait. He consistantly put his team on his back because there was no team around him. I feel collectors will value AP's merchandise more because of him carrying his team on his shoulder year in and year out.

Lynch has a top 5 defense and one of the best game managers at the helm.

just my opinion is all
[Image: child_please_banner_49ers_zps677193f9.jpg]

(06-23-2014, 12:56 PM)child_please Wrote: some will say that AP carried his team to the playoffs two years ago. Lynch cant say that. AP is one of the few RB'S in NFL history that has put the wins for his team. Barry Sanders suffered the same trait. He consistantly put his team on his back because there was no team around him. I feel collectors will value AP's merchandise more because of him carrying his team on his shoulder year in and year out.

Lynch has a top 5 defense and one of the best game managers at the helm.

just my opinion is all
I think you are fully wrong here. Lynch has carried the Seahawks to more than a few wins, and has carried that team on his back before RW came to the team, and now they are a dynamic duo together.

This past year the offense was a run offense, and without Lynch Seattle wouldn't have come close to winning some of those games. I'll even admit that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now to the OP:

These two players have entirely different playing styles.

AP was drafted #7 in the 2007 draft. He was highly touted from the US Army All American Bowl, and it helped he was from Texas so he was always recognized for his accomplishments. AP was the only running back in Minn so he always had more time to get the ball, and the offense used him a majority of the time as their key weapon. "Coming into the league, he was known as a tall, upright runner possessing a rare combination of speed, strength, agility, size, and vision, along with a highly aggressive running style".

ML was drafted #12 in he 2007 draft, and initially had to split playing time in Buffalo with Fred Jackson. While Lynch was the key starter he was plagued with some injuries.

Lynch has been the only player in the last 3 years in the NFL to rush for 1,200 plus yard a year and 10+ touchdowns. His values for the past few years in Seahawks uniform are comparable to his RC values, but it is funny.

This is one area where the yardage was split up between the two players. AP has a more advantage to find holes and avoid being hit. He averages 5.0 ypc, while Lynch loves fighting in the hole and averages 4.2 ypc which is still great for any RB.

I believe the biggest reason why Lynch's card values are so underrated (and this is a great thing for me as I PC him), is that he was never touted as this great RB who would go on to do great things. He was expected to be a work horse, and he's been just that. He's just a grimy player who loves doing what he does and keeping himself quiet. I think that also affects his values. He's quiet, tries to stay out of the limelight and such. His time in the media has always been for something bad, and not something good (at least not unless it's based on his charity).

AP is just a faster runner, and frankly a Frakenstein type of player. Lynch is just smaller and more beastly when it comes to playing in my opinion.

(06-22-2014, 08:33 PM)BURRforPRES Wrote: So here's my two pickups....

Picked up the Graham because it was only $11 [Image: _3-1_zps1f883860.jpeg]

And this beauty
[Image: _12_zpsb57fc5cc.jpeg]

I guess I just don't understand, with all lynch has done, why are his cards not up there in price with AP? Or even in the same ballpark?
you snagged the one that I had bid on. Good thing I snagged the one behind you. LOL
[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA

Finally...someone I agree with completely...Over the last 3 years, lynch has been as good as anyone...but I understand him coming from more humble beginnings...

His exquisite rcs are beautiful man

I think a huge part to any player's collecting value is if they remain on the same team or not. I feel this plays a much bigger role than any other factors. Three's always going to be a (very) few exceptions but it takes a lot of things going very right for that to happen.
I also feel completely blessed the Vikes have one of the all time best but Lynch is pretty amazing too! I wish I could get AP cards at Lynch prices!
ID VIKESRULE on most other trade sites. Don't care about BV if the deal is right.
Cris Carter super collector and die hard Vikings guy!