`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Estate sale ... Opinions appreciated

Estate sale ... Opinions appreciated
Mickeys autograph is all over the place in my opinion ! So take a look and tell me what you think please ... Thanks

[Image: imagejpg3_zps4434d1d1.jpg]
[Image: c420f836-983f-40d0-9430-a8ccfd947155_zpsfddf63fd.jpg]

RE: Estate sale ... Opinions appreciated
hard to tell if it is real from that pic. Best thing to do is have it authenticated.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

Really one of the most forged sigs. Make sure it's authenticated by a reputable company. Best of luck...that would be a great add to a collection.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Thanks .... I've been looking at PSA/JSA authenticated Sigs and I've come to the realization that it's all what grader looks at it ! The Mick's auto is all over the place really
The same collectors estate also has Joe DiMaggio and Ted Williams ... And a Mark McGwire bat also ! With lots of 80's and 90's baseball cards and inserts ... Lol

If that's real, it's in beautiful condition! Do you know when it was signed?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(06-23-2014, 06:59 AM)jonathani Wrote: If that's real, it's in beautiful condition! Do you know when it was signed?
No I don't .... It's been stored in plastic and a clear bat tube .

(06-22-2014, 09:21 PM)gator1221 Wrote: The same collectors estate also has Joe DiMaggio and Ted Williams ...
Be very careful, these are two other names that were forged a lot. In fact I still remember a picture off all three authenticated by GAI that never should have been authenticated. Still see those photos on EBay a lot.

If in fact, if someone like PSA authenticates this, man you got a beauty of a bat! I hope it turns out to be real.

(06-23-2014, 07:46 AM)ne12bc12 Wrote: Be very careful, these are two other names that were forged a lot. In fact I still remember a picture off all three authenticated by GAI that never should have been authenticated. Still see those photos on EBay a lot.

If in fact, if someone like PSA authenticates this, man you got a beauty of a bat! I hope it turns out to be real.
Thanks , hope it's real as well ! Don't have a lot invested in it I was the only memorabilia collector there . People around me was saying if this turns up real it's worth at least 300 $ ! Lol

Glad you do not have a lot invested in it. If it came from a collection with mainly 80's & 90's stuff that also included sigs of DiMaggio & Williams & McGwire (those three along with Mantle were the most commonly forged sigs at the time..) and there is no COA it more in likely product of the major forgery rings that were around at the time. A ton of fake signatures being sold through shop at home network and Smokeys Baseball Cards. Looks like a Greg Marino forgery to me. I hope I am wrong.

(06-23-2014, 06:57 PM)cardsfan73 Wrote: Glad you do not have a lot invested in it. If it came from a collection with mainly 80's & 90's stuff that also included sigs of DiMaggio & Williams & McGwire (those three along with Mantle were the most commonly forged sigs at the time..) and there is no COA it more in likely product of the major forgery rings that were around at the time. A ton of fake signatures being sold through shop at home network and Smokeys Baseball Cards. Looks like a Greg Marino forgery to me. I hope I am wrong.
Thanks for the opinion ! Such a shame that someone would flood the market with phony auto's of the three all time greats . Forever leaving doubt in people's mind about the authenticity of any of there autos even if graded by PSA or JSA in my opinion ! Some of the PSA and JSA are shady looking also ....