`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Kyle Parker?

Thoughts on Kyle Parker?
What is the general consensus on him? I haven't been able to see him live yet and was trying to gauge whether or not he has a future with the Rockies.

RE: Thoughts on Kyle Parker?
I think now that they've started moving him to 1st at times he has a better chance of sticking with the Rockies.

I think right now there's just no room for him so he was sent back down to get at bats, but I have to wonder if Morneau isn't just a stop gap between Helton and the future every day 1B, whoever it may be.

He's got pretty good power, so that'll be a plus in that ball park.
[Image: Evil_Dead2.gif]

I believe they drafted him thinking he would be the follow-on to Helton's career so it seems Morneau is, as pheonixrising34 suggested, merely a stop-gap. Of course, when you have a guy like Helton manning first base for 15+ years it certainly raises expectations for the next in line!
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

(06-22-2014, 09:52 PM)zaccheus85 Wrote: I believe they drafted him thinking he would be the follow-on to Helton's career so it seems Morneau is, as pheonixrising34 suggested, merely a stop-gap. Of course, when you have a guy like Helton manning first base for 15+ years it certainly raises expectations for the next in line!
Makes Morneau the perfect choice. Good enough to hold down the fort and provide that buffer between Helton and the next long-term guy. Not good enough to unnecessarily delay that next guy in line.
Kepler