`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Collector Using OPG

Player Collector Using OPG
I am a player collector (Paul Goldschmidt). Today I finally broke down and purchased OPG. Previously I used a "fancy" Excel sheet to keep track of my collection.

Today I went into organize, searched on Paul Goldschmidt and created a list in OPG. However, I am a little confused on the order that Beckett puts the list in. They are in order by year and then description but why would they have

2012 Bowman #8
2012 Bowman Blue #8
2012 Bowman Chrome #131
(Then there are several chrome cards.)
2012 Bowman Gold #8

I get that the G in Gold comes after C in Chrome but I REALLY feel they should be in order by subset. Is there any work around for this?
Paul Goldschmidt: 634 Total Cards, 339 Different
Joe Montana: 325 Total Cards, 267 Different
Jerry Rice: 685 Total Cards, 618 Different
Steve Young: 942 Total Cards, 742 Different

RE: Player Collector Using OPG
Cards are listed by year then alphabetical. I agree for example that all Bowman then Bowman Chrome cards should be listed. I'm not sure there's a way around this other than creating a collection for each set. Thats the way I'm setting up my Phillies pc.
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

Wilson, would you mind sharing a copy of the "fancy" excel sheet?
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

I can...it really wasn't all that fancy. (My favorite part is the last page.) I went through my sheet and grouped together by subset the best I could. I grouped them and then put then in order by card number. For the most part this put my list in order.
I guess the question is why can't OPG be smart enough to group the list like Beckett Magazine print does.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Goldschmidt _27_2014.xlsx (Size: 89.59 KB / Downloads: 17)
Paul Goldschmidt: 634 Total Cards, 339 Different
Joe Montana: 325 Total Cards, 267 Different
Jerry Rice: 685 Total Cards, 618 Different
Steve Young: 942 Total Cards, 742 Different