`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital cards ??

Digital cards ??
As i have said before Im getting back into the hobby after about a 25 yr absence. Trying to figure out what card is what variation has been tricky and Im not positive I have some correct but Ill find out as I go. My question is I been seeing on ebay "live" or "digital" cards. How does this work do you get a redemption code to upload and print the card or what and also is there any real reason to collect these cards for example are they rare although being digital dont know how it would be rare, is there any value to these cards how do you trade them ect ect.

RE: Digital cards ??
I hate this way of doing things anymore. I requested an autograph of Erin Burnett from CNN because she's hot - CNN sends me an Email with an attached photo signed by her and said it is an autograph. Bull. This digital stuff is for the birds, bro.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

Thats my thinking too personally I want to hold the actual card in my hand to say I own it lol but figured Id get different people opinions and maybe mine would change although im pretty old and set in my ways lol and I have to agree with you about Erin Burnett lol

Yes, there are "rare" digital cards and some of these go for big money. Im not the most techno advanced person, but I serioiusly refuse to believe that a picture on an electronic device has any value what-so-ever. I am not critical of what others do with thier time and money and there is something interesting about having a collection in the palm of your hand instead of a gazillion boxes, just not my cup of tea.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

The e-Topps I am okay with because you have an option. You can have the digital card or you can send in for the physical card. I agree though. I am not a fan of the all digital option.
Paul Goldschmidt: 634 Total Cards, 339 Different
Joe Montana: 325 Total Cards, 267 Different
Jerry Rice: 685 Total Cards, 618 Different
Steve Young: 942 Total Cards, 742 Different

I've just recently began playing Topps Bunt, which is basically a variant of fantasy baseball with the twist being you only play players from the virtual cards you get from virtual packs. "Super rare" cards have the ability to get you the most points from the game. So I can see how some impatient players pay money for "super rare" cards to give them a leg up within the game. I have had a lot of fun playing the game for the past week but I refuse to pay money for virtual cards. However if I happen to pull any from the virtual packs you get in the game I won't hesitate to sell them.

(06-21-2014, 11:40 PM)JRMdawg311 Wrote: So I can see how some impatient players pay money for "super rare" cards to give them a leg up within the game.
I had a student write a research paper about people in other countries playing online games to earn digital "stuff" to enhance game play: weapons, clothes, vehicles, jewels, spells, currency, etc. Then, these people sell them online. The biggest source of buyers? America. We can be an impatient crew, as you mention. Do I pay real money for something that only exists digitally? If I need it (e.g., a word processing program that makes it easier for me to work from home), I'm all in. If it's for fun? No way. Heck, I've never even paid for an app for my phone. I may be old, but I learned a lesson when I was younger and using credit cards to enhance my college experience: If that thing I paid--or didn't pay--for isn't around in a year (e.g., beer, pizza, and cigarettes), I probably should not have spent a lot of money on it.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.