`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cool Story, Great Pickup

RE: Cool Story, Great Pickup
(06-21-2014, 07:17 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: I really liked the leaf metal product, as well as the Leaf Ultimate. If they had a license though the autos would sell for more.

I agree about Panini in regards to their redemption program... it is worthless for the most part. A perfect example of inefficiency. But I would disagree about the originality and quality of the cards. I have enjoyed for the most part the products they release. Some products need to be shelved, but I say that just because there is TOO much stuff. If I busted wax more, I would probably have a lot more to complain about with panini but from a singles buyer standpoint I don't have many negative things to say about Panini that I couldn't say about any other company. I still like my 90's cards but I am a patch fanatic and there are not many to be had from the 90s.
I guess I shouldnt say I dislike all of Panini's stuff. I just dislike the repetition. For example some of their parallels are just pathetic. Everything about the card is identical except the small foil print of the brand and slight change of foil on the card(the Dual RC autos). This just really bothers me. Even in their high end products I see this. With their Immaculate patches the /75 card and /25 are identical except there is a different foil. This situation isnt as bad as some but there is no creativity in some of their parallels.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

nice pick up nick!!! did leaf remake the card and use the same patch? if so, i wonder how they got ewing to auto it so quick?
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

That's an excellent pickup for a top 50 collection, the Ewing is always a tough one to get for the set.
Count me in as one of those strongly disappointed with the Panini redemptions, I have some from just under a year ago, still nothing back. A year is just too long for anything, and is inexcusable in my mind.
Lakers / PC / For Trade:
http://goehring9.weebly.com

(06-22-2014, 02:38 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: nice pick up nick!!! did leaf remake the card and use the same patch? if so, i wonder how they got ewing to auto it so quick?
No it was a completely different card. My first card had a blue patch on it and now this one had a red. From what I understand this card was a redemption so that is why I got it back so quick (They must have them all signed and just waiting for the redemptions to be filed).
(06-22-2014, 03:16 PM)mgoehring Wrote: That's an excellent pickup for a top 50 collection, the Ewing is always a tough one to get for the set.
Count me in as one of those strongly disappointed with the Panini redemptions, I have some from just under a year ago, still nothing back. A year is just too long for anything, and is inexcusable in my mind.
Thank you, that is exactly why I picked up the Ewing. That and he is a great player!

Yeah, I completely agree. Having redemptions since September I know how you feel. You would think they would at least reach out to you and ask you what you want to do. I have heard nothing and doubt I would hear anything even if I contacted them. From what I have heard, you have to directly contact the main guy at Panini (Cant remember his name) in order for anything to be done.

(06-22-2014, 04:07 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: From what I have heard, you have to directly contact the main guy at Panini (Cant remember his name) in order for anything to be done.
That in my opinion is even worse. Because it proves they do have the means do something about it, but for some unknown reason they still don't.

(06-22-2014, 04:52 PM)Caffrey Wrote: That in my opinion is even worse. Because it proves they do have the means do something about it, but for some unknown reason they still don't.
Yeah, I agree. I just think they put out too many redemptions and then do not have the means to fulfill them all. To be honest, I think redemptions in the first place are dumb. Why say you are going to have a card/auto of someone that you dont already have?