`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still building sets

RE: Still building sets
I still build sets. Working on doing all of the Allen & Ginters sets. Have 2009-2012 complete. Working on 2007, 2008, 2013. Haven't started 2006 yet. Also do other sets that catch my eye.

Still do sets - and only Topps baseball. Not too interested in all the parallels but will get them if reasonable. Used to just buy the factory sets and binder them but then came inserts and autos and jerseys and bats and everything else they can think of so now I try and buy jumbos and fill when needed. Plus my soon-to-be 9 year-old enjoys the boxes and seeing what we can trade for to put small dents here and there in our collection. I have Topps back to 1965 but only a few from each year until 1968 when I have about 85% of the set and have most every base from 1979 through 2013.

I think half the fun of collecting is the building of sets. I am glad to see so many people like myself still enjoy the excitement of putting together and finishing a set. Although it may take a few weeks, months, or years to complete. The feeling of accomplishment is well worth the effort. Thanks to everyone who has shared their thoughts and feelings about building sets. I hope you never lose the thrill and will keep the hobby alive....

[Image: dodgers1-1.jpg]
Looking to trade for any Hall of Fame Topps base cards.

I am a set builder as well. I build Topps flagship, Gypsy Queen w/SPs, and Heritage w/high number SPs only every year. I am also going back to finish old sets I started. Probably at least a dozen sets I'm working on at any given moment.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

I went a little crazy with sets the last 3 years, I still have a bunch of unfinished sets and that really irritates me lol. This year I decided to pick just a handful of sets to focus on from now on so I can actually complete them.

Last year I did-

Heritage master
Heritage mini /100
Topps flagship 1,2 and update with all of the insert sets.
Gypsy Queen mini
Allen & Ginter master with all of the mini framed relics.
Allen & Ginter mini
Topps Chrome with inserts and die cuts. Working on the autos as well.
Topps Chrome refractor set
Topps Chrome x-fractor set
Topps Chrome Purple retail refractor set
Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects paper and chrome

Most of those are done or a few cards short of completion. It was an expensive but fun year and I think I learned my lesson lol. This year I'm only doing Heritage, Topps Chrome, Panini Prizm(started this because the set is beautiful) and I have Gypsy kind of sitting on the back burner since I opened a couple boxes.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I build sets. I have a Topps base set from every year since 1977. Ive thought about tackling the 1975 set next but that's getting to be a hard one to take on. I do just the flagship and Ginter each year. I select a couple of the insert sets from each to do also.
Is this thing on?