`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Calling All Favre Experts...

Calling All Favre Experts...
I aquired this card awhile back but it just continues to make me nervous, so I am asking for some insight and opinion concerning the legitimacy of the auto. I know that there are ton of fakes out there; this one seemed to match up with several of Favre's legitimate autos, but certainly does not match them all.

Real or fake...did I win or lose on this one?

1997 Score Board Playbook Mirror Image Autographs #1 - Brett Favre - Courtesy of COMC.com
Images courtesy of COMC.com
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

RE: Calling All Favre Experts...
Definitely looks like his auto....but also definitely looks like one of those facsimile auto cards. Ink just looks a bit too 'clean' I guess.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

As far as I know it's real, I've looked into buying it. It's this card:

http://www.beckett.com/football/1997/sco...10-2203612

It looks like his auto for sure. One thing though is I have seen versions of those same cards without an auto on them, but with the box for it on ebay over the years. Not sure if the backs on those are different or if they have the same cert on them.

With those out there, I definitely see the potential for someone to buy, forge the sig and then resell it as a legit auto. I've seen some of these that look really questionable and others that look legit. Actually, the picture of the one in the Beckett listing bojesphob posted looks a bit fishy to me as far as the structure of the sig, angles of different letters and all.
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

Thanks for the input, y'all.

alanch--I am with you concerning the one on Beckett's listing. It is way too goofy.
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet