`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2014 Score football

2014 Score football
I keep seeing conflicting release dates and I was wondering which was correct? Is it June 11 or 18? Thanks

RE: 2014 Score football
There are 2014 Scores up for bids already on the Bay, so I'm guessing it was today.

I just glanced at some singles on the bay and have to admit...they look terrible in my opinion.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

Not a fan of Score...

A couple of the inserts look ok (I like the throwback rookies for Rodgers, for instance) but overall not impressed. I still may buy some, but won't be buying much like I did last year.

I take back what I said about Score...found a new John Kuhn card yesterday! Haha, still not buying boxes of it though...

(06-11-2014, 05:59 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: I just glanced at some singles on the bay and have to admit...they look terrible in my opinion.
this stuff looks pretty bad. The rookies are airbrushed and it is clearly rushed. I pass on this one.

I picked up a blaster from Target and while it wasn't bad (got an /99 of a second round draft pick, a veteran scorecard, a couple of hot rookies, and pretty cool Russel Wilson Field Commander, and the guaranteed jersey card ("event worn" Justin Blackmon - seriously Panini you are making Future Franchise fabrics of Justin Blackmon who is suspended for the entire year and may not ever play for Jacksonville again? Could it be any more obvious that you are engaging in a blatant dump of left over rookie premiere stuff?).

The veteran cards look okay - not as good as last years. The rookie cards are pretty bad - perhaps the worst looking ever (okay maybe Bowman in 2012 or 2013 was worse). Overall, while the blasters give a guaranteed jersey card and a chance to even get a 1/1 - and realistically, my blaster seemed pretty decent with the inserts i do not really recommend this product and i probably will not buy anymore (the Hot Rookies hobby product sounds like it might be cool with 4 guaranteed autographs though - but honestly the rookie cards are so ugly looking that even that enticement may not be sufficient to draw me in).

I think that Panini really dropped the ball here - Score's main selling point was its low price but still offering a shot at pulling an autograph or an end zone from a 99 cent pack (or a $10 blaster). Moving up in price means that Score has to be compared to other products - and its simply weaker than comparable products. And while having a guaranteed hit is nice, it seems that there are only 30 jersey cards so most of them are likely to be past years RPS garbage and there are going to be tons of them. They do have prime versions numbered to 25 or less.

Bought some at Walmart and got a 1 of 6 Donte Moncrief End Zone card...