`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
graded cards?

graded cards?
hello, im just recently getting back into collectin cards thanks to my 9yr old son. my question is about havin cards graded? i have some older football cards nothing special just a couple b.sanders rookies, peyton manning rookies pretty much just collect as a hobby! how much does it cost to have cards graded and is it worth it? any info will be appreciated my son wants to get his justin verlander rookie graded cause he says it worth $5 now dad but graded at an 8.5 its $15 lol

RE: graded cards?
Look under the "Grading" tab and click on "grading faq" and click service level and fees. It will tell you how much per card depending on how many cards you send in, but don't forget there is also shipping and insurance fees as well.
Grading cards can definitely be worth the fees depending on why your grading the cards. If you're looking for resale then grading a modern base rookie card at an 8.5 to sell for $15 may not be worth the fees/shipping/insurance.
If you want to grade cards for your personal collection (for sentimental reasons) and don't care what the grade is then it's worth it, just depends on preference.

I forgot to mention high grade cards. If you have some cards that you think will grade very high like a 9.5 gem mint or even a 10 pristine (which is probably unlikely) and in some cases a 9 mint then it can be worth having them graded for protection and presentation, even if you're not trying to sell them.
hope this helps.