`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody hear from baseball dad? (Final update June 30, 2014)

Anybody hear from baseball dad? (Final update June 30, 2014)
Agreed to a trade with him on April 28. Cut him some slack because of the tornadoes and storms down south. Heard from on May 18 and again May 28 saying he was going to ship, but apparently that's not the case.

Anyone heard from him? He's still logging in, but not returning my messages. Very small trade, but still hate getting screwed over.
Kepler

RE: Anybody hear from baseball dad?
I decided to send it to the mods. Another 6-week ordeal. I wouldn't have waited so long, but I gave him a couple weeks grace period because of the late April storms that went through his area.

As has been the case in the past, if/when I receive his end I'll make sure this gets updated to reflect that.
Kepler

Thanks for pointing this out. Sorry for your problem and hopefully things are ok on thier end, but that is the best way to go (involving the mods) plus you alerting us to a possible issue is appreciated. It will all work out.........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(06-11-2014, 11:32 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Thanks for pointing this out. Sorry for your problem and hopefully things are ok on thier end, but that is the best way to go (involving the mods) plus you alerting us to a possible issue is appreciated. It will all work out.........
Thanks. I'm not terribly worried about the cards - it was a low-end trade and I'm sure I can easily find the 13 base Topps cards to complete the set if nothing happens.

Hopefully there's not someone with higher-end deals that got/gets burned. Hoping it's simply an oversight on his end.
Kepler

If things don't work out...send me your list. I pulled all my 2013 base stuff out of org, but would be more than happy to send you a "phun pack" if needed. I'm actually going through them over the next week to make some room.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(06-11-2014, 11:44 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: If things don't work out...send me your list. I pulled all my 2013 base stuff out of org, but would be more than happy to send you a "phun pack" if needed. I'm actually going through them over the next week to make some room.
Much appreciated. If the mods and I don't hear from him in the next couple of days I'll take you up on that. It's pretty much the most common of the common guys from the set. lol
Kepler

Hope you get your stuff man. I hear what you are saying. Not getting what you wanted/agreed to sucks no matter the size of the trade. Hope it works out.

(06-11-2014, 12:50 PM)petercopp Wrote: Hope you get your stuff man. I hear what you are saying. Not getting what you wanted/agreed to sucks no matter the size of the trade. Hope it works out.
Thanks. Last time I took one of these to the boards and mods it worked out. Hoping for the same kind of outcome this time around.
Kepler

(06-11-2014, 11:44 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: If things don't work out...send me your list. I pulled all my 2013 base stuff out of org, but would be more than happy to send you a "phun pack" if needed. I'm actually going through them over the next week to make some room.
Likewise, Jared. BaseCards 'R' Us! Smile
Tell me what you need!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

He got back to floydtown right away - sounds like he's had a string of unfortunate events come up and he's planning to get it taken care of this weekend.

So hopefully it's just a case of life getting in the way. Those situations I can deal with - it's the "I forgot" or "woops, my bad" types that bug me. Doesn't seem like that's the case here.

We shall see this weekend though. If it doesn't happen, I'll definitely hit you guys up for some base so I can move on to Series II.
Kepler