Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Trader

New Trader
New Trader seeking to make Trades....
I have been online with Beckett for about 2 weeks, so I am still learning how everything works. My purpose for joining was to take the cards I had obtained as a kid and trade to build a collection to hand down to my son. I don't have a ton to offer, but (according to the "Have/Want" features here on Beckett) I have many cards that other are looking for and they have cards that I am looking for as well. The problem I am running into is that not many people want to respond to my trade requests. It takes me quite a lot of time to find people who have what I want, want cards that I have AND have actually logged on to the site within the past 6 months. So, when I go through all of that work and still don't receive a response despite the fact that these members HAVE logged into the site, it's quite frustrating. I have submitted 51 trades and have only actually received a response from 13 people. Im not expecting everybody to LIKE the trades I am submitting, but I would at least like to have a response.

So, I figured I would post something here. Take a look at my Org. if you see something you want and have something I want, please let me know. I am certainly willing to trade.

Thanks,

RE: New Trader
Welcome to trading on Beckett, and good luck. When everything is working on the site, it's a great place to hang out and trade cards. Unfortunately, not all features work as advertised. One of those features, I hear, is "Notifications". When I receive a trade offer, I get an e-mail notification. But from what I read here on the forums, not everybody gets those. That might be why you haven't gotten responses on some of your offers. Another issue is the wants/stars feature. If you have your wants marked, they are supposed to show up in the trade offer. I'm sending you a trade offer, and not all of my wants had stars by them. Makes it difficult to search for cards you or I might want. If you read the Help forum, you'll find a lot of frustrated people. I'm sticking around because it's such a great tool when it works, and I keep hoping they will get it fixed.
Collecting Nolan Ryan (any uniform), Texas Rangers, Cowboys HOF'ers

Thanks for the response. I received your offer and shot you over a new offer with some cards filled in. Let me know your thoughts. Your comment regarding the lack of notifications makes a lot of sense. In most of my trades I specifically request the other party at least RESPOND to the trade letting me know they are not interested if that is the case. But, no such luck. I didn't want to bog down people's inbox by also sending PM's letting them know I sent an offer, however, maybe I need to in order to let them know its there. Thanks for your input and I hope we can work out a trade.

Welcome! Always good to have a new trader around. I just sent you an open offer. Let me know if I have anything you want for it. Thank you!

Feel free to send me over an offer!
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

Welcome. I too sent you an open offer.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Thank you to everybody for the offers. This has been BY FAR the most productive day in the since joining the site. Looking forward to working out deals either now or in the future.