`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new here,inherited cards and need help!

RE: new here,inherited cards and need help!
(06-10-2014, 11:06 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Not me...all my cards are in binder pages. What wrong with that?
Nothing at all. I like storing my cards on my bike so the spokes make that cool clicking noise!

Seriously though, if you had a Nolan Ryan RC in that shape, it would be in a binder? I've had too many bad experiences with my own binders to risk it!

I'd have it in a top loader + team bag AT MINIMUM and getting shipped off to be slabbed ASAP.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(06-10-2014, 01:11 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Nothing at all. I like storing my cards on my bike so the spokes make that cool clicking noise!
Seriously though, if you had a Nolan Ryan RC in that shape, it would be in a binder? I've had too many bad experiences with my own binders to risk it!
I'd have it in a top loader + team bag AT MINIMUM and getting shipped off to be slabbed ASAP.
LOL. The spokes were where most of my Mets cards 'met' their fate Smile
But I have to agree, I've had some bad binder experiences in the past. My older cards survived better in a cigar box than the binder. Smile
If it were mine, That Nolan Ryan RC would be in a 35pt one touch in a team bag! But that's just me Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thank you all for the great response and help!..I'm writing all this down,I notice talk about storage of cards...what is a team bag and top loader?...I'll be putting more scans up tonight

(06-10-2014, 04:28 PM)nargonj Wrote: Thank you all for the great response and help!..I'm writing all this down,I notice talk about storage of cards...what is a team bag and top loader?...I'll be putting more scans up tonight
Top loader is a semi-rigid plastic case. You usually put the card in a penny sleeve (costs about a penny... sold in 100 count packs for a buck), then place the card in a top-loader. The team back is just a bag that has a sticky flap that can help protect it from liquids etc...

Just make sure that as long as you have it in the binder, that THE BINDER IS IN A SAFE SPOT!

PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.

I'm a binder guy, but my really valuable ones are in one touches and then sealed (clear taped over the flap) into a 4 pocket page. Cards are organized like all the rest, and protected.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

I recently transferred all of my cards from shoe boxes to binders. The better cards(not that I have many of those) are in top loaders but all my sets are in binders or still in factory sealed boxes. Personal choice. Plus I enjoy looking at them from time to time.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

ok..here are new scans...thanks again for the help and comments
more scans fron binders
thanks for looking everyone

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wow, Those Rose cards in the first scan are amazing!

There is a few in there that need to be sent in for grading.

It would be helpful if you lived near someone who could look at these closer and could maybe give you a little better advise on what ones to send off.

Whatever you decide, you have an amazing collection that was passed down.
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

Wow!!! The super-high valued ones (Rose RC etc...) could be sent in to be graded, or just authenticated (to make sure no trimming etc... has been done) and it will help.

Other cards I definitely would get graded...
Bench RC
Bench 2nd year
69 brooks robinson
69, 72, 73, 74 Clementes
Brock RC
65, 67, 69 batting leaders

I'm far from a grading expert (I've done a lot more buying than submitting) but that's what I would send in based on the scans. Other people may be able to give you better input. I'm not sure if any of the other cards are Short-prints and have significant value other than the '63 Tom Tresh.

A lot of nice cards there! It was fun for me to just look at your scans! Congrats

That was fun! Definitely get the Bench RC graded ... It looks really sharp!

All those worthless, horrible, space-wasting Yankee cards should be immediately shipped out to me Smile
... Along with those Bob Clemente cards ... He was never as good as his estranged twin, Roberto Smile < kidding > ..... Bob is Roberto ... Just always thought it was funny that his earlier cards were issued as Bob! And the Yankee cards aren't as valuable as the rest of your fine collection, but are still really cool!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.