`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card show this weekend: Taking requests!

RE: Card show this weekend: Taking requests!
Well, card show was pretty much a bust. Generally it's about 50/50 card tables and toy/comic tables, but today it was like 80/20, and two of the biggest card sellers are guys notorious for charging like hilarious prices (guy wanted $50 for an MJ that booked...$50. Oops). No wax either which was a big bummer b/c last time there was a guy that had dozens of new bball boxes out.

I saw a couple 96-97 autographics sonic but you didn't need them...and then stumbled on a Camby! I was super excited for about 5 seconds, until I realized it was the 97-98 version Sad Sorry man!

I only managed to spend a whopping $4 on 4 cards from a dollar bin:

93-94 Hoops Fifth Anniversary MJ/Nique/Mailman (PC)
98-99 UD Choice Choice Reserve Kobe #69 (FT)
98-99 Molten Metal Xplosion Penny Hardaway #126 (FT)
92-93 UD Rookie Standouts Shaq (FT)

Almost swung a Kobe GU for MJ GU trade but it had a couple dinged corners so I backed off. So all in all, a bust, but still a fun way to spend a few hours
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Sorry you werent able to find much man, hopefully the next show you go to will be better!
(06-07-2014, 08:56 AM)patrick54 Wrote: Just wondering if you have ever seen Evan's ebay listings? He's an avid card collector and has really nice stuff up on auction sometimes.
I havent seen his ebay listings, I have however reached out to him on social media and if I can find a RC of his and get it to grade PSA or BGS 10 he will make a trade with me. So its been my challenge to try and find one I can send in to grade.

The Greensboro show was bad, buckunteer. The Charlotte, Raleigh and Hickory shows are 10x better than that Greensboro show.
[Image: DEAN%20SMITH%20MICHAEL%20JORDAN%20BANNER...qrwcus.jpg]

(06-07-2014, 04:52 PM)patrick54 Wrote: The Greensboro show was bad, buckunteer. The Charlotte, Raleigh and Hickory shows are 10x better than that Greensboro show.
I've been to the Raleigh show (state fairgrounds right?) a few times. It's smaller, but more card-focused. I live like 10 mins. from the G-boro show and like 1 hr 15 minutes from the Raleigh show. This was easily the worst the G-boro show has been in the 4-5 times I've gone. Very strange. I'm hoping this time was the aberration and not a sign of what's to come!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(06-07-2014, 04:52 PM)patrick54 Wrote: The Greensboro show was bad, buckunteer. The Charlotte, Raleigh and Hickory shows are 10x better than that Greensboro show.
Where do they hold a show in Hickory?

(06-07-2014, 07:24 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: Where do they hold a show in Hickory?
The convention center off of exit 125 off of I-40. The next one in Hickory is July 19th.
[Image: DEAN%20SMITH%20MICHAEL%20JORDAN%20BANNER...qrwcus.jpg]