`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birthday Mojo

Birthday Mojo
My birthday was June 1st a Sunday. I called my LCS and found she saved me 2 boxes of Topps Archives. I quickly went over and opened both boxes. The first box was really good with a plate 1/1 rookie and a relic. The second box gave me a Rachel Phelps auto on both sides of the card! I also got 2 firebrand cards of Ron Gant and Eric Davis. I am not trading any of these at this time.

Topps Archives Hits photo Scan_zps796a19f1.jpeg

RE: Birthday Mojo
Happy Birthday! You got some nice B-day Mojo magic for sure!
On card autos are nice, Mel and Greenwell.... Very nice ....
But please clarify ... Did you say Rachel Phelps signed the front AND the back of that card? Or did I misunderstand something?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes she signed both the front of the card and the back. Also thank you for the Bday wishes Smile

(06-04-2014, 01:14 AM)magneto2 Wrote: Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes she signed both the front of the card and the back. Also thank you for the Bday wishes Smile
No misunderstanding then ... Just confused why she signed both front and back? Weird, but you got a unique card (eBay 1/1 Smile ) Can you show the reverse of the card? Love to see it. Might be worth getting it graded.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-04-2014, 07:00 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: No misunderstanding then ... Just confused why she signed both front and back? Weird, but you got a unique card (eBay 1/1 Smile ) Can you show the reverse of the card? Love to see it. Might be worth getting it graded.
She signed front and back on all of her's. I've got one as well.
One of the heavy metal singers did the same last year

(06-04-2014, 07:30 AM)rentzington Wrote: She signed front and back on all of her's. I've got one as well.
Maybe they couldn't come to grips with defacing their faces. Smile so they signed the backs only later to be told to sign the fronts? Just theorizing here ... I don't know that for a fact, or a rumor ... Theory!

1st...Happy belated Birthday! Congrats on all your hits. I know I'm going to get ripped....but who is Rachel Phelps?
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Its funny, I actually checked the auction site and saw quite a few that did not have both sides signed for her. I wonder how many were signed both front and back? I was just happy i pulled the auto! I opened two other boxes of Bowman Chrome Draft and Bowman Chrome 2013. But i did not pull anything worth really mentioning. I should have stopped with the archives....

(06-04-2014, 11:12 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: 1st...Happy belated Birthday! Congrats on all your hits. I know I'm going to get ripped....but who is Rachel Phelps?
Evil Bee-yotch owner of the Indians
(06-04-2014, 07:30 AM)rentzington Wrote: She signed front and back on all of her's. I've got one as well.
True that, I pulled that Heavy Metal card last year of the goddess known as Lita Ford

(06-04-2014, 06:13 PM)bigdaddyq Wrote: Evil Bee-yotch owner of the Indians

True that, I pulled that Heavy Metal card last year of the goddess known as Lita Ford
Got it......

That Lita Ford must have been awesome to pull.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.