`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First grading experience!

First grading experience!
Hello all! I've just finished my first grading experience with Beckett.. Lets just say I think I've picked up a new hobby! It's so exciting. I used the 20 day method but I'll probably be paying a little more to get it done quicker next time. I got four cards graded that I'd like to share with you all and see what you think!

I'm mostly excited about the Ripken jr.

1994 Flair Hot Gloves #8 Cal Ripken Jr - 9.5
1984 Topps #300 Pete Rose - 8.5
I really wanted that 9! All sub grades are 9 except 8 on the centering.
1990 Donruss #489 Sammy Sosa RC - 9
good or ehh? IDK!
1994 Flair #340 Alex Rodriguez RC - 9
Was reaaaally hoping for a 9.5 on this one. Seemed like it was in just as good shape as the Ripken, but I guess they did not agree! Also it has a book value of $40 if that means anything.

Well! I'm excited about this, hope to get some more cards graded soon and maybe even get into the trading scene sometime in the future. Any input on these cards I now have grade is highly appreciated! A couple of them I honestly have no idea if they are worth anything even.

God Bless!

nealcz

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: First grading experience!
very nice, I love that Ripken.
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

I never thought about grading 90 Donruss before. They look really good in the holders.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Sweet grades! The Ripken is really nice though!

I remember when my goal was to collect all eight of Sammy's RCs. Once I displayed and mounted them in my office I used to joke about how if the house was burning down that set was the most valuable thing I owned, and it probably was at that time in my Life! I have since traded away all my dupes at way under the value I got them for. Imagine if he'd actually failed a drug test! All in all, it was fun back then when players had multiple companies putting out RCs and there were still less than ten cards for the "superstars". Funny, that practice was barely 20 years ago.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(05-30-2014, 07:06 PM)y2hood Wrote: I never thought about grading 90 Donruss before. They look really good in the holders.
I know, right. A few of my Nolan Ryans are from the '90 Donruss Set.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Nice! I just got my first submission back as well. I went with PSA for the early to mid-90's cards though. A Beckett 9 bothers me for some reason. I'd almost rather have a Beckett 8.5
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint