Auto Jersey:
Sonny Gray /399
Jameson Taillon /899

Auto:
Jed Lowrie
Everth Cabrera
[Image: null_zps11f31e19.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: 2 boxes 2009 Signature Stars
I bought one at Walmart and didn't do any better. I like the Impressions autos
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

(05-27-2014, 08:24 PM)homerjg007 Wrote: I bought one at Walmart and didn't do any better. I like the Impressions autos
Doesn't make me feel better Smile but thanks for trying Smile

Yeah, the Impressions... they're a nice auto card design.
I was surprised ... The James Taillon card books for about 2X the Sonny Gray card.
Is Taillon any good? Is he better than Sonny G.?
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Definitely not better than sonny g... Sonny is a beast!

Don't know the specifics on taillon. I know he was very highly touted, but I think he was slowed by injury this year... Sonny is filthy. Lack if size as a prospect and lack of hype due to oakland are big factors for Donny's low prices. I've been loading up on his autos.

Not bad autos there IMO!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(05-27-2014, 10:25 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Definitely not better than sonny g... Sonny is a beast!
Don't know the specifics on taillon. I know he was very highly touted, but I think he was slowed by injury this year... Sonny is filthy. Lack if size as a prospect and lack of hype due to oakland are big factors for Donny's low prices. I've been loading up on his autos.
Not bad autos there IMO!
Yeah, I was hearing nothing except great things about Sonny Gray and nothing at all about Taillon, so I was confused by the huge discrepancy between their respective BV on Beckett. I was hearing Sonny G's name being mentioned in the same breath as Jose Fernandez as the best young arms last year.
Thanks, I was pretty happy about pulling Sonny's auto/relic ... It's a nice card!

(05-27-2014, 10:42 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah, I was hearing nothing except great things about Sonny Gray and nothing at all about Taillon, so I was confused by the huge discrepancy between their respective BV on Beckett. I was hearing Sonny G's name being mentioned in the same breath as Jose Fernandez as the best young arms last year.
Thanks, I was pretty happy about pulling Sonny's auto/relic ... It's a nice card!
Tallion has been a big name prospect for the Pirates for a few years now. Was going to have a big shot this year untill he went down with Tommy John. I think he has the same upside as Taijuan Walker for Mariners and possibly could end up better than Gray

(05-28-2014, 01:14 PM)redsoxbwler300 Wrote: Tallion has been a big name prospect for the Pirates for a few years now. Was going to have a big shot this year untill he went down with Tommy John. I think he has the same upside as Taijuan Walker for Mariners and possibly could end up better than Gray
Wow!!! Another one with TJ surgery!?!?!?! that's like 2 dozen pitchers in the past 2 seasons. Are they giving them away or something? I guess that's the reason I haven't seen/heard about him much....

(05-28-2014, 02:37 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Wow!!! Another one with TJ surgery!?!?!?! that's like 2 dozen pitchers in the past 2 seasons. Are they giving them away or something? I guess that's the reason I haven't seen/heard about him much....
Yeah he was a few weeks from a possible callup and then are goes KABOOM. Rough year for the youngsters

Love the Sonny Gray auto.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

(05-29-2014, 03:20 PM)SF_Giants_2014 Wrote: Love the Sonny Gray auto.
Thanks! Nice card, clean design, great pitcher.
Just wish all those cards were 'on-card' and not sticker autos. Oh Well!