`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Women of Motorsports (Scans)

Women of Motorsports (Scans)
I've been wanting to scan all these together for awhile now, but I had been waiting till I at least got all the NASCAR drivers...still two short that I know of (Patty Moise, Chrissy Wallace)...and I still need several from NHRA and IRL, I believe, but since I was really bored this evening, figured I'd go ahead with what I've got so far. They look great all together like this...one of these days, when it is complete, I'll try and do one of those large overhead single shots like Michael does with his 400+ autos (love those pics when he does those!). Anyhow, just wanted to share! Be Well, friends - Jason

[Image: 001_zps02709f5c.jpg]
[Image: 002_zpsd231340a.jpg]
[Image: 003_zps33ea4049.jpg]
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

RE: Women of Motorsports (Scans)
Sweet collection, Jason. I personally like Row #4 (and of course the last card since it was mine for a long time)!
I only have an AU of one of those drivers (Annabeth), but really need to find a JJC, plus find some way to get a Danica.

Congrats on getting so many of the 'Ladies of Racing' AU cards!

Nice collection Jason!

Jerry
Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

Thanks guys. My progress on this has taken a back seat to my McMurray auto chase, but I'll get back to it and finish it one day...sooner than later I hope. I'll still pick up ones I need should I come across them, just not hunting them down like I was. Once I do start back up though, the Force sisters are definitely next on the list, would really like to get them knocked out.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

Very nice collection didn't realize there are so many good looking women in racing.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

SARAH FISHER! For some strange reason, she was my favorite Indy Car driver as a little kid(I'm just a big kid now haha) and I always wanted to meet her in person.....well, still do!
[Image: 89b2fe3.png]

Thanks to jbel4331 for the photo!

First Win: 06/17/2016
First Win

(05-30-2014, 03:37 PM)kevinr Wrote: Very nice collection didn't realize there are so many good looking women in racing.
+1 Wink
(06-02-2014, 11:14 AM)Racinghy Wrote: SARAH FISHER! For some strange reason, she was my favorite Indy Car driver as a little kid(I'm just a big kid now haha) and I always wanted to meet her in person.....well, still do!
Meeting anyone of your heroes in person is a special thing. Personally, if I were ever to meet any of my heroes...well, I'm not quite sure how I'd react, lol...I would hope I wouldn't become a blubbering idiot in front of them!! A small list of my heroes I'd love to meet: Ozzie Smith, Jamie Mac (of course, lol), Warren Haynes (the guy holding the guitar in my avatar), and Willie Nelson are at the top of my list.

WARREN HAYNES IS from asheville area. He does a christmas jam here every year and the profits go to habitat for humanity. They even named a street after him
CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

(06-02-2014, 08:16 PM)shelbysaleen Wrote: WARREN HAYNES IS from asheville area. He does a christmas jam here every year and the profits go to habitat for humanity. They even named a street after him
I actually have a few of those shows on CD...love his Christmas Jams! Honestly, though, I didn't realize they took place in Asheville...for some reason I was thinking they took place in NYC...but maybe I'm just thinking of ABB's Beacon run every spring. That's very cool, though, you're right there...ever gone to one?

I've seen Warren live many times with The Allman Brothers, Gov't Mule, as well as solo...always an awesome show, every time!! Did you know he actually got his start playing guitar in David Allan Coe's band?

And I have a confession, I actually got to meet Warren one time...not in a sit down and have a beer kind of way, rather I caught up to him after a show for an autograph from him and Matt Abts. Very cool story how it went down, actually.

It was after a Gov't Mule show in Lawrence where I was front row, center. But I left just a bit early to get my limited edition box signed by Haynes and Abts. And if you've ever seen Warren live, you know his roadie looks just like Warren. Anyhow, it was raining after the show and I caught up with who I thought was Warren's roadie at the tour bus unlocking door...his back to me. When I asked if I could get a couple of autos, he turned around and it was frickin' Warren! He says "Yeah, sure, just let me get this door unlocked and up out of the rain." By the time he had unlocked the door and stepped up onto the bus, a small line behind me had formed looking for autos too.

Warren looks at me and says "Come on up here on the steps out of the rain so I can sign that for ya...and go ahead and stay there and pass up the other things folks want me to sign." !?!?!?!??!? Remember the whole "I hope I wouldn't turn into a blubbering idiot if I ever met one of my heroes from the post above"...well, yeah, that's exactly what happened! lol But it was one of the best nights of my life! Absolutely unbelievable!

Here's the box set I had Warren and Matt sign (this was after Allen Woody had already passed unfortunately). Also, the card from my avatar and one other cut signature from some set I've never heard of, but when I saw it, I had to have it.

[Image: IMG-1_zps2ee4390e.jpg]

2008 Topps Mayo Americana Autographs #AAWH Warren Haynes B SP/190
[Image: IMG_0001-1_zps2187f7b6.jpg]

2012 Music Music Music Cut Autographs #1706 Warren Haynes 1/1
[Image: IMG_0003-1_zpsb858808c.jpg]

Really cool story, Jason. I have never got to meet any of my favorite celebrities. Well, I did get to meet 2 members of the STL Rams 1999 Super Bowl-winning team. I met WR Torry Holt (who is from Gibsonville, NC where I was living at the time). His family threw a celebration thing at a park after he helped win the SB in his RC season. I got 2 of his RC cards signed, one of him in his Rams uni and 1 in his NC State uni. He signed with the correct JSY # on each card.
Years later I got to meet WR Ricky Proehl at an AU signing in Mebane, NC. I got to talk to him, get his AU, get a picture of him and my sister, as well as hold his Super Bowl ring from the STL Rams win in 1999 and his NFC Championship ring from the 2002-03 Panthers. On a sad note, Sam Mills was supposed to be there the day before that but passed away five days earlier from cancer.

The people at the top of my "Wish I could meet them" list would be- MLB: Ozzie Smith, Yadier Molina
NASCAR: Jimmie Johnson, Mark Martin
NFL: DeAngelo Williams, Brett Favre
NCAA: Coach K. of Duke University
Musicians: Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails, and Maynard James Keenan of Tool/A Perfect Circle/Puscifer
There are lots of actors/actresses that I'd love to meet as well.