`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay shipping

Ebay shipping
I have a question on what to use for shipping singles after a sale on Ebay. I am already going to be useing top loaders, but what size shipping envelope is best to use for shipping safely and approx how many cards can I ship at the first class rate. Also is there anything else I can use to ensure the cards get there safely?

RE: Ebay shipping
buy a postal scale and print your labels off of paypal. Use PWE for cards under $3 total

In terms of bubble mailers, I've found size #000 works the best. I can usually get about 10 cards into one mailer.
Kepler

(05-23-2014, 11:45 PM)Midwestconnection Wrote: buy a postal scale and print your labels off of paypal. Use PWE for cards under $3 total
If you are going to use a PWE make sure the buyer knows this. Many people would be willing to pay more for safe shipping and will be unhappy if their card shows up damaged due to a PWE.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

To make your life easier, don't bother using PWE at all. Just use bubble mailers. Even reused ones are better than sending something in a PWE. It cost $1.93 if you print off a label from paypal. You can send around 3-4 cards in top loaders for that price.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

Thanks for the advice and even though advised not to use it for my own knowledge what is a PWE I pretty new to the shipping thing. Last time I sold or traded any sports memorbillia it was done face to face lol

plain white envelope PWE

Like said before just buy #000 bubble mailers... I think I paid around .10ea for 500ct when I bought them on ebay last time.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

agree - avoid PWE's ...

000 bubble mailers (some brands claim to be 4"x8" while others claim they are 4.5"x9") ....my last case of 500 cost 29.99 dlvd (so that comes out to 6 cents each) off ebay....

i stopped using top loaders , but everything is in soft sleeves with a decoy card on top and bottom ...that is then enclosed in a team bag which is then sandwiched between two rigid pieces of cardboard (i use an industrial paper cutter and cut plenty pieces that measure 3"x4")....tape together and then wrap that in an invoice/packing slip....

the cost of postage for bubble mailers is the same for UP TO 3 ounces....paying in person at a post office that will cost you 2.32 plus .18 per additional ounce AND another 1.05 for tracking....as someone else already mentioned , your best option is to print your own labels at home using ebay or pay pal labels...doing it that way , the cost is 1.93 for up to 3 ounces , the additional ounces are only .08 each and tracking is FREE....

using 000 mailers and my packing method , i can ship approximately 18-20 standard cards or 15 chrome cards for the entry rate (3-ounce limit) of 1.93....other thicker cards such as game used or metal cards will vary in weight....
I collect almost anyone else with ties to the state of South Carolina (especially ANY SC Gamec0cks) , + most parallels and rare 90's inserts
check out my site for tons of wantlists : claude's card corner