`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ORG getting deleted if you don't pay

RE: ORG getting deleted if you don't pay
(06-12-2014, 11:30 PM)mmahoney Wrote: I've poked around the past few weeks on it. It's definitely not perfect. Like it or not, to make a trade there has to be some concept of value and there isn't anything there.

I also think there are a lot of Beckett users that spend no time on the forums. Basically a handful of people that make most of the posts.

After a few weeks of little activity for me due to time constraints I've got back into the trading side and completed several trades in the past few days. It isn't perfect here but I think it is the best option. I may use Zistle as an option trying to find more rare cards.
That's kind of where I'm at on it, too.

I'm sure you'll have 30 people remind you that Beckett value has nothing to do with "actual value," which we all know is established only by the most recent Ebay sale (insert eye roll here). But I definitely agree that it definitely lacks that concept of value, which is why I like trading here. Obviously if I'm selling something, 90% of the time I expect to get significantly below BV. But when it comes to trading, I don't think I've had anyone that doesn't at least use it as a reference.

So, yeah, it's not perfect here, but it's the best I've come across.
And I should add that I like being able to look back at people's feedback to see who they've traded with in the past and who's giving them their stars. If it's someone I haven't personally traded with, but they've got a positive trade or two with someone I've dealt with or at least interacted with on the boards I feel a whole lot better about making the deal.
Kepler

Agree that Zistle is another tool, but it is soooooo slow and I constantly get error messages or that awesome Ooops something has gone wrong page. It looks like a good place for set building trades though that don't really matter as far as value.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

(06-13-2014, 08:19 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: That's kind of where I'm at on it, too.

I'm sure you'll have 30 people remind you that Beckett value has nothing to do with "actual value," which we all know is established only by the most recent Ebay sale (insert eye roll here). But I definitely agree that it definitely lacks that concept of value, which is why I like trading here. Obviously if I'm selling something, 90% of the time I expect to get significantly below BV. But when it comes to trading, I don't think I've had anyone that doesn't at least use it as a reference.

So, yeah, it's not perfect here, but it's the best I've come across.
Yes, a million views on "actual value". I'd be out of this hobby in a heartbeat if I could get close to the "value" of my collection. However, I'd say that for trading it is almost always accepted as the basis for evening out trades.
(06-13-2014, 08:31 AM)glassnickels Wrote: Agree that Zistle is another tool, but it is soooooo slow and I constantly get error messages or that awesome Ooops something has gone wrong page. It looks like a good place for set building trades though that don't really matter as far as value.
I've received the same error messages probably about 1/2 the times I've perused the site. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't have the infrastructure in place to support a large number of users. We'll see what happens. I'll continue to poke around there to see if I can find some cards I need I'm not able to find here. It is much better than other sites where you are looking through long lists, spreadsheets or a photo bucket. I don't have time for that.

(06-12-2014, 04:51 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Maybe it's just me, but I'm not real impressed with what I've seen from Zistle so far. I've stalked around on there from time to time since late 2012 and haven't found anything that would make me want to switch.

I guess it's another avenue with which to search for harder to find stuff, but I'm just not seeing that much promise for the future.
Jared, would love to discuss with you yoru opinions in private mail if you'd like.

Scott
Well, I finally got an email from Beckett today. Not to inform me of the changes but to try and get me to re-up. Still no mention of deleting Org or anything. I kindly responded with the following:

No thank you. Due to the recent actions of your company, I will not be renewing. I am very unhappy with the way your company has decided to do business lately, not to mention, the underperformance of your website. I have enjoyed the last 7 years on the site but I have found a new place to go and organize my cards for free. Maybe if and when you all find a way to give your customers what you promise them as well as treat them better, I may return but I don't see that happening for a long time.

Short and sweet.
Always interested in low #d parallel cards. Also collecting Mookie Wilson, Darryl Strawberry and Dwight Gooden.

[Image: tHxLj.png]

I guess I should go figure out my old zistle password
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(06-14-2014, 10:10 AM)johnxgodfree Wrote: I guess I should go figure out my old zistle password
Been so long since I was on there I forgot mine. Got a new one nowSmile